Celebrate Houston Gay Pride 2014 with more than a week’s worth of events, parties, celebrations and activities lasting until Sunday, June 29, 2014.
Sunday, June 29[/quote_box_right]Every year, Houston’s Gay Pride celebrations get bigger, with the official week spanning two weekends. And once again, City Hall is slated to wrap itself in its illuminated technicolor dreamcoat each evening from Sunday, June 22 through Saturday, June 28, 2014.
We’ve pulled together a list of the main events to keep you busy just about every night through the end of June.
- Hemingway Daiquiri Jell-O Shots at Grand Prize Bar in the Museum District – Enjoy upscale Jell-O shots all week long at neighborhood friendly Grand Prize Bar knowing that proceeds will go to Houston’s Legacy Community Health Services.
- Pride and Joy Couples Package at Hotel ICON in Downtown Houston – The classic and upscale Hotel ICON, around the corner from Market Square Park, celebrates Pride and the joys of summer travel with as special overnight package. Guests receive a welcome bottle of premium Circulo Tequila to get the stay going and stretch out the fun with a late 2pm checkout. The hotel is situated among popular restaurants and cocktail spots, is near Buffalo Bayou Park’s hike and bike trails, and is a light rail ride from the Museum District, Rice University and Hermann Park. The Hotel’s house car offers rides to the gayborhood on Fairview strip, where nightlife offerings cater to every taste. The offer starts at $199 per room, per night based on double occupancy and includes buffet breakfast for two plus complimentary WiFi.
Friday, June 20
- Salvation: A Pride Pool Party at HI Houston in Montrose – DJ Christian keeps the music going at this afternoon pool party with drinks included and many bodies in skimpy bathing suits. $25. 1pm to 6pm.
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – Join Downtown’s annual citywide GLBT celebration. There will be music, dancing and fun with performances by Derrick Barry as pop princess Britney Spears; Michelle Chamuel, runner-up on season four of NBC’s The Voice; and singer-songwriter Blake Lewis, runner-up on Fox’s American Idol season six. 7pm.
- Eden: a Pride Girl Party at the Pearl Bar – The girls of Houston’s LGBT community are the focus of this official Gay Pride party that welcomes everyone. $5 at the door. 7:30pm to 11pm.
- Pride Unleashed at The Eagle | FREE to attend – All members of the LGBT community are welcomed at this leather and gear dress-up party. 9pm to midnight.
- 3rd Annual Houston Pride Band Silent Auction at F Bar – Enjoy happy hour cocktails, lite dessert bites from Randall Jobe and socializing with Houston’s LGBT community band. No cover. Ages 21 and up only. 4pm.
- Dine with Pride at Graffiti Kitchen and Bar – Support Pride Houston by dining at Graffiti Kitchen and Bar in Montrose, where a portion of the day’s sales go to support this year’s and future pride events. 10am to 10pm.
- Rock the Runway at South Beach | FREE – See some of Houston’s hottest models as they take to the catwalk in this summer’s latest styles in underwear, swimwear and even shirts. 8pm to 11pm.
- Pride Houston Happy Hour at Crocker Bar – Relax and party without pretense at the casual Montrose neighborhood bar. No cover. 5pm to 8pm.
- Chaz Marie Live at Neon Boots Dancehall and Saloon – Join Dallas country singer Chaz Marie at this unofficial Celebrate Pride event. $5 cover in advance. 9pm to 1:30pm.
- Wonderland Houston 2014 at South Beach – DJ Brandon Moses keeps the music spinning at a Winter Wonderland party with confetti, lasers, fog and snow. 18 and up admitted. $40 at the door; $30 in advance. 9pm.
Saturday, June 28
- Official Houston LGBT Pride Festival in Montrose | FREE – Join more than 325,000 other people at the big official Houston Pride event. 1pm to 11pm.
- Pride Jam Fest at the 2nd Saturday Montrose Art Market | FREE to attend – Enjoy music from Atticus Brimmstone, Wild Rabbit Salad, Mason Metcalf and more at Montrose’s monthly art market at Hollywood Vietnamese and Chinese Restaurant. 10am to 5pm.
- 5th Annual Pride Party at Solution for Fair and Makeup | FREE – Dress up for the Carnival Masquerade theme at this party with drinks from Deep Eddy Vodka. Food trucks Los Tacos Hermanos
Mom and Pop Desert Truck will be on site. 7pm to 10pm.
- Official Houston LGBT Pride Parade in Montrose | FREE – The big festive procession fills up Montrose with GLBT Houstonians, out-of-town visitors and their friends and family of every persuasion. 8:15pm to 11pm.
- Official Houston Pride Afterparty at South Beach – Keep the aprty going into the wee hours at the de facto official headquarters for Houston Pride.10pm to 3am.
Sunday, June 29
- Houston Bears Who Brunch at Midtowne Bar and Grille – Round out pride weekend with grub to wake you up and get you going again. 11am to 1pm.
- Rapture: The Largest Foam Party of the Year at South Beach – Dance to the tunes of DJ Eddie in 10,000 cubic feet of foam. $10 after 10pm. 9pm to 4am.