Escape into the cool halls of some of Houston’s most popular museums during Free Museum Thursdays all summer long.
Each week, some of the most amazing museums in Houston open their doors for the public at large. If you’re looking for something fun to do out of the heat, these are the places to be.
Free Museum Thursdays
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – Thursdays 10am to 9pm
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – Thursdays 1pm to 5pm
- Holocaust Museum Houston –Thursdays 2pm to 5pm
- The Health Museum – Thursdays 2pm to 5pm
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – Thursdays 2pm to 5pm
- Children’s Museum of Houston – Thursdays 5pm to 8pm
- Houston Museum of African American Culture – Thursdays 6pm to 8pm
Free Every Day
- Asia Society Texas Center (all spaces except Louisa Stude Sarofim Gallery)
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- DiverseWorks Gallery Space
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Center for Photography
- The Jung Center of Houston
- Lawndale Art Center
- The Menil Collection
- Rice University Art Gallery
- Rothko Chapel
And that’s just on Thursday. Click here to check out all of the free days and exhibits in the Houston Museum District.