Every week, enterprising Houstonians share their own top picks across Houston in “My Top 5.” This week, we hear from Lavar Robinson, executive chef and co-owner of Reigns Food Truck, a favorite stop for original burgers, tacos and wings.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by LaVar Robinson
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – Science itself is interesting and has always fascinated me. The thing I love the most about this place is there is something to astonish everyone at all ages. I look forward to seeing the new exhibits each time I go.
- Discovery Green – It truly gives downtown that family atmosphere and brings vitality to this great city. Whether you’re into exercising, kayaking or just relaxing in a serene setting, it’s definitely the place to be any day of the week.
- Miller Outdoor Theater – I love that there are so many unique concerts and shows. It’s always a great time to sit back and enjoy the scene on a summer night.
- Top Golf – The energy here is awesome. It’s the perfect combination of food, family and fun.
- Splash Town – I love taking my kids and wife here in the summer. There’s just no better way to cool off during those blazing hot days in Houston.
About LaVar Robinson
LaVar Robinson is co-owner and executive chef of Reigns Food Truck. After almost two decades in the kitchen at notable Houston hotels and restaurants, LaVar acted on his desire to take his culinary expertise to a broader Houston audience. With partners Krystal Vasquez and Artemio Vazquez, he opened Reigns in autumn 2013, where he pairs authentic dishes from around the world with a beloved local styles and flavors. In addition to burgers seasoned with homemade spices, LaVar also specializes in tacos with a unique and creative South American flare and flavorful hot wings packed with flavor. You can find Reigns, and see the the truck’s upcoming locations, on Facebook and Twitter.