See Houston’s top restaurant and food truck chefs compete, while you sample their work, at this culinary party at STRAITS Asian Bistro and Lounge on Sunday, May 18, 2014.
Join some of Houston’s favorite chefs as they take over STRAITS at CityCentre for the third annual Curry Crawl Houston, where both judges and attendees will vote for the best spicy curry dish.
Comprising the expert judging panel will be Kaitlin Steinberg, Houston Press food editor; Katherine Whaley, KHOU anchor; Taylor Byrne Dodge, My Table Magazine editor; Greg Morago, Houston Chronicle food editor; and Mai Pham, freelance food writer. The “People’s Choice” award will, of course, be determined by guest votes.
Guests will partake of drinks from Grey Goose, No Label Beer, La Marca Wines, and Evamor artesian water. Also on hand will be a variety of musical entertainment including the Lion Dancers of Houston.
Chefs Competing at Curry Crawl 2014
- Chef Edward Hoyos, Chi’Lantro BBQ
- Chef Pak Tsui, Fat Bao
- Chef Don Schoenburg, Gastro Punk
- Chef Matthew Pak, The Golden Grill Food Truck
- Chef Jason Hill and Matt Opaleski, H-Town StrEATs Food Truck
- Chef Adison Lee, Kuu
- Chef Adrian de la Cerda, Ladybird Food Truck
- Chef Cat Huynh, Les Ba’Get Food Truck
- Chef Nathan Chang, Oh My Gogi! BBQ
- Chef Anthony Calleo, Pi Pizza Truck & Sandy Witch Sandwich Company
- Chef LaVar Robinson, Reigns Food Truck
- Chef Seth Greenberg, Springbok Restaurant (Soon-to-open South African pub specializing in the diversity of Southern Hemisphere cuisine)
- Chef Susie Jimenez, Trenza
Curry Crawl 2014 is a fundraiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s ‘Man and Woman of the Year’ campaign (Fleming’s operating partner Sam Governale and KPRC producer Amber Willis) and their efforts to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
3rd Annual Curry Crawl Competition
- Date: Sunday, May 18, 2014
- Time: 5pm to 8pm
- Location: STRAITS Asian Bistro & Lounge, 800 Sorella Court, Suite 940, Houston, TX 77024
- Phone: 713-365-9922
- Parking: Valet, metered and complimentary garage parking available
- Tickets: $55. Click here to order.