Plan your Houston Valentine’s Day dinner and make your reservations now to take advantage of special menus and entertainment at some of the most popular spots in Houston on the most popular date night of the year.
Whether you’re in the mood for an old favorite or looking for a new restaurant destination, we’re here to help with many of our favorites inside and some outside the Loop. Scroll down to check out our list, sponsored by HowAboutWe.com to find the perfect Houston Valentine’s Day restaurant to make your February 14, 2014 sublime.
- The Grove – Enjoy a delicious American rustic meal in an open, modern setting nestled looking out at the south end of Discovery Green. Follow your meal with a hand-holding stroll down the adjacent Brown Promenade and along the varied paths and walkways of Discovery Green Park itself. Call 713-337-7321 for stylish Valentine’s dinner reservations in the heart of Houston’s backyard.
- LINE & LARIAT at Hotel ICON | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Spice things up at Hotel ICON‘s Line & Lariat as Executive Chef Tyler Malson presents a three-course Valentine’s Day menu. The three courses named Hot & Spicy, It’s on Fire and Cool Down or Heat Up include dishes like grilled bacon-wrapped quail “wings style” with cucumber, celery and blue cheese salad; pan seared blackened scallops with chili oil; sage braised rabbit and chile marinated grilled pork tenderloin. $65 per person. Call 832-667-4470 to make reservations.
- Reserve 101 | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Change up your typical Valentine’s date night with a five-course whiskey pairing dinner. Master Distiller Dr. Bill Lumsden and Global Brand Ambassador David Blackmore will host this once-in-a-lifetime pairing with Glenmorangie whiskeys. Begins at 8pm with a Champagne welcome. $150 per couple. Space is limited to just 15 couples. Click here to make reservations and purchase tickets.
- Spindletop at the Hyatt Regency Houston – Take your Valentine on a spin over Downtown Houston at the city’s only revolving restaurant. The regular menu features gulf coast cuisine with a dash southwest flavor. Call 713-375-4775 to make your Valentine’s Day reservation.
- Mr. Peeples | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Dive in to a four-course dinner at Mr. Peeples in Midtown, featuring entrées such as snapper with lime butter, Chilean sea bass a 16-ounce prime ribeye, pistachio-crusted chicken and more for $85 per person. Add-on options include a lobster tail, caviar and exclusive sauces and toppings. Call 713-652-0711 to make your Valentine’s Day reservation.
- REEF – Woo your sweetheart over the original menu creations from Chef Bryan Caswell, who was nominated by the James Beard Foundation for “Best Chef in the Southwest” in both 2010 and 2011. Click here to make a reservation.
- Sparrow Bar + Cookshop | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Dine on an original menu created by Chef Monica Pope this This Valentine’s Day. Sparrow will be offering a four-course, prix fixe menu prices at $150 per couple. Optional wine pairings are available for $30 per person. Call 713-524-6922 to make a reservation.
Montrose / Upper Kirby
- La Casa del Caballo – Spend Valentine’s dinner over one of the most popular steaks in all of Mexico at this richly appointed Saltillo-style steakhouse on Westheimer. Call 832-623-6467 to make your Valentine’s Day reservation.
- Eleven XI Restaurant & Bar | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Join Eleven XI for your own Feast of Saint Valentine with a three- or four-course prix fixe menu, both featuring a soup or salad starter, a trio of two prime six-ounce filet mignons and a 16-ounce broiled lobster tail to share, and a dessert assortment house made by Chef Kevin Bryant. The four-course meal also includes options like gulf shrimp cocktail, jumbo lump crab cake or buffalo carpaccio. Three-course option is $190 per couple; four-course option is $225 per couple. Two optional beverage pairings including wine, beer and cocktails are available or $50 or $100. Call 713-529-5881 to make reservations.
- Hugo’s | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Houston’s go-to spot for authentic regional Mexican cuisine celebrates el Dia de San Valentin with a special four-course menu featuring a choice between grilled lobster and crab, petite strip steak, grilled rack of lamb with red mole, marinated grilled Vermillon snapper or pan-seared scallops. Viento will provide live music and entertainment. $75 per person. Call 713-524-7744 to make your Houston Valentine’s Day reservation.
- Nara – Impress your Valentine with authentically inspired Korean food prepared with a modern sensibility in this West Ave restaurant with a crisp, airy and modern setting. If you’re dining with a small group, try to snag at table in Nara’s Korean Grill Room for a special and intimate experience. Call 281-249-5944 for Valentine’s Day reservations.
- Tony Mandola’s | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Make your Valentine’s Day distinctive with four courses of gulf coast dining seasoned with an Italian flair. Options include an entrée choice of veal scallopini, pan-seared scallops or a pairing of a six-ouce filet mignon and lobster tail. Dessert includes a choice between a chocolate raspberry truffle or a fresh coconut panna cotta. $149 per couple includes a glass of Champagne for each. Call 713-528-3474 for reservations.
- Triniti Restaurant and Bar | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Enjoy a special, six-course Valentine’s Day sharing menu created by Triniti’s Executive Chef Ryan Hildebrand. $100 per person with option $50 wine pairing per person. Call 713-527-9090 to make a reservation.
River Oaks / Highland Village
- Américas River Oaks | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Enjoy a special Latin-infused, three-course Valentine’s Day dinner and wine pairing in the heart of River Oaks. The menu features choices such as bacon-wrapped quail taquitos, bacon wrapped quail taquitos; the chefs’ signature churrasco steak, carnitas pibil or plantain-crusted chicken; and for dessert tres leches, delirio de chocolate or alfajores. Valentine’s menu offered from Thursday, February 13 through Sunday, February 16 for $79 per person. Call 832-200-1492 to make reservations.
- Churrascos River Oaks | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a three-course South American dinner featuring empanadas, eight-ounce churrasco steaks or pan-roasted snapper, and a choice of desserts including tres leches, delirio de chocolate or alfajores. Available Thursday, February 13 through Sunday, February 16 for $69 per person. Call 713-527-8300 to make reservations.
- Kiran’s Restaurant and Bar | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Enjoy authentic Indian cuisine with a modern sensibility with a six-course Valentine’s Day dinner featuring baked oysters or sabutdana veda, roasted beet and blood orange salad, Tandoor-roasted Colorado Lamb, poached domestic Dover sole, rajma chawal and delicious desserts. The Melting Pot Jazz Quintet will provide live music. $85 per person. Call 713-960-8472 for reservations.
- Up Restaurant – Bask in a Valentine’s Day meal surrounded by views of Downtown and Uptown from this posh third-floor restaurant in Highland Village. The menu is decidedly classic American food but also features some international surprises that fit right in with Houston. Click here or call 713-640-5416 to make reservations.
Uptown / Galleria
- ARA Restaurant at Royal Sonesta Hotel | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – The new ARA Restaurant at the chic and recently renovated Royal Sonesta Hotel celebrates its first Houston Valentine’s Day in style. Couples will enjoy soup, salad, a 44 Farms-themed entrée celebrating the hotel’s relationship with the celebrated Angus ranch in Cameron, TX, dessert and a glass of sparkling wine. $88 per couple. Call 713-627-7600 to make reservations.
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Opt for La Saint Valentin, an intimate and authentically French three-course dinner at Chef Philippe Verpiand’s award-winning Uptown restaurant. Patrons of this decidedly plush, French provincial-inspired restaurant will enjoy choices including lobster bisque or seared-duck fois gras; Chilean sea bass, beef tenderloin or pheasant breast; and rich sorbet and ice creams or molten chocolate cake. $69 per person. Call 832-668-5808 for reservations.
- Latin Bites Café | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Say amor to your special someone with a three-course Valentine’s Day menu from Latin Bites’ Chef Roberto Castre. The meal includes pork arepa, an Asian-style pork belly dish with South American corn dough or a cold purple mashed potato patty accompanied by crab salad; a duck confit cannelloni and duck breast on wine demi glaze with mole sauce or green risotto with a miso glaze Chilean sea bass. Dessert features a choice between Venezuelan chocolate mousse and Peruvian style cold red velvet cake. $75 per person includes a glass of Col de’Salici Docg Valdobbiadene Prosecco. Call 713-229-8369 to make reservations.
- Ambrosia – Lose yourself in the exotic mystique of Southeast Asian cuisine this Valentine’s Day with a dinner in the low-lit Ambrosia. Call 832-649-4636 to make your Houston Valentine’s Day dinner reservations.
- Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Opt for Danton’s fresh seafood for your Valentine’s evening, with a three-course meal featuring choices such as gumbo, Caesar salad, half dozen oysters on the half shell; grill fresh market fish or 14-ounce ribeye; and a delicious dessert. $62 per person. Call 713-807-8883 to make your Valentine’s Night reservation.
- Monarch Bistro at Hotel ZaZa | Special Valentine’s Day Menu | Pictured Above – Dine with flair at the upscale Monarch at Hotel ZaZa, offering a four-course Valentine’s Day dinner with choices like Strauss veal short rib, Chinese barbecue pork, zucchini ravioli, crispy duck and more. And choose from chocolate-covered strawberry cheesecake, a raspberry chocolate mousse brownie torte and frozen coconut soufflé. $75 per person. Call 713-527-1800 to make your reservations.
- Pinewood Café at Hermann Park | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Give Valentine’s Day a charming spin with a romantic two-person pedal-boat cruise and casual three-course dinner catered by Pinewood Café. Live music will entertain guests through the evening and wine and beer are available. Lunch and dinner seatings are available. $50 per couple. Reservations required. Click here or call 713-526-2183 to make reservations.
- Coltivare – Plan to grab a table at Houston’s newest favorite dining destination, the Italian-inspired, American neighborhood restaurant from Revival Market’s Chef Ryan Pera & Morgan Weber. No reservations. So plan accordingly.
- Liberty Kitchen – Make it a comfort food Valentine’s at this stylish and popular neighborhood eatery. Enjoy fresh oysters, clams gumbo, seafood, sandwiches, mac ‘n cheese and other comfort food from Executive Chef Lance Fegen. Call 713-802-0533 to make reservations.
- The Bistro at Hotel Sorella CityCentre | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Enjoy a five-course Valentine’s Day dinner at the upscale and stylish Bistro at Hotel Sorella with menu options like oyster gratinée, grape must lacquered quail incorporating chorizo and date hash, pan-seared duck breast and more. Priced at $79 per person. Call 713-827-3545 to make reservations.
- Churrascos Memorial City & Churrascos Westchase | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Enjoy a three-course South American Valentine’s feast with empanadas, eight-ounce churrasco steaks or pan-roasted snapper, and a choice of desserts including tres leches, delirio de chocolate or alfajores. Available Thursday, February 13 through Sunday, February 16 for $69 per person. Call 713-231-1352 for Memorial City reservations and 713-952-1988 for Westchase reservations.
- Américas The Woodlands | Special Valentine’s Day Menu – Head to The Woodlands most sensational Latin restaurant for three-course Valentine’s Day dinner and wine pairing. The menu includes bacon-wrapped quail taquitos, bacon wrapped quail taquitos; the chefs’ signature churrasco steak, carnitas pibil or plantain-crusted chicken; and for dessert tres leches, delirio de chocolate or alfajores. Valentine’s menu offered from Thursday, February 13 through Sunday, February 16 for $79 per person. Call 281-367-1492 to make reservations.
Photo courtesy of Monarch Bistro at Hotel Zaza
Content Sponsored by HowAboutWe.com. Step away from online dating with HowAboutWe, which allows its free members to browse the real life-date ideas and suggestions of other Houstonians and offer some of their own. And if you find someone who strikes your fancy, you can sign up and take them up on their date idea. Either way, it’s a great resource for getting outside and exploring Houston. Click here to try it out for free.