Cheer on the runners – unless you’re running yourself – as the Chevron Houston Marathon and its affiliated races and running events, descend on Downtown starting on Friday, January 17 and culminating in the big 26.2-mile race on Sunday, January 19, 2014.
Whether you’re running or supporting those running, there are plenty of opportunities to engage with over the Chevron Houston Marathon weekend and We are Houston RunFest.
The ABB 5k happens Saturday morning at 7am.
Where to Watch the Chevron Houston Marathon Runners
The Chevron Houston Marathon kicks off on Sunday at 7am and is followed by the Aramco Houston Half Marathon. Click here for a list of great spots to watch the marathon runners go by.
Memorial Hermann IRONMAN Sports Medicine Institute EXPO
You’ll find running, health and fitness vendors from across the country showcasing the latest in gear, clothing and more at this Texas-sized EXPO. Encounter health and nutrition experts, official race merchandise, the newest running shoes, and things you didn’t know you needed. This is also where you’ll pick up your registration packets if you’re racing. Click here for a full list of exhibiters.
- Dates: Friday, January 17 and Saturday, January 18, 2014
- Times: Friday 11am to 6pm; Saturday 8:30am to 6pm
- Location: Hall A3 on the 3rd floor, George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX 77010
We Are Houston RunFest
Runner and their family, friends and supporters celebrate their accomplishments at Discovery Green after each race. There will interactive games for the kids, Houston vendors Chevron, the Astros, the Dynamo, the Rockets, the Texans, Michelob Ultra, Nissan, Telemundo, the University of Houston Athletic Department and Verizon.
- Dates: Saturday, January 18 and Sunday January 19, 2014
- Times: Saturday 7am to 10:30am; Sunday 7am to 2pm
- Location: Jones Lawn, Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77010