Take an evening stroll through the majestic oak trees lit up for the holidays at the Houston Zoo with Zoo Lights Houston 2013 from Friday, November 22, 2013 through Saturday, January 4, 2014.
Recently expanded with more than a million new LED lights, Zoo Lights remains a must-see Houston holiday destination. Visitors explore the enchanted forest, with its life-sized lighted animal sculptures, check out the new dollhouse village, spy holiday trains chugging through the landscape, and marvel at “Holly Berry,” a 1957 Cadillac adorned with bright lights choreographed to joyful music.
Although many animals will be tucked away and asleep, visitors can also expect to find many of the Houston Zoo’s cats wide awake, including cougars, jaguars, lions, ocelots and leopards. Many animals in the indoor buildings, including the Reptile and Amphibian House, Kipp Aquarium and Natural Encounters, are likely to be on view as well.
Seasonal treats including hot chocolate, funnel cakes, sticky buns, turkey legs, and s’mores are available for purchase. Wine and beer are also available.
Admission to Zoo Lights requires a special ticket. Day tickets to the Houston Zoo from the same day are not valid for admission.
Rides on the Wildlife Carousel are $2 each for non-members and $1 each for members.
Zoo Lights 2013
- Dates: Friday, November 22, 2013 to Saturday, January 4, 2014. Closed December 24 and 25.
- Time: 6pm to 10pm daily. Last entry at 9pm.
- Location: Houston Zoo, 6200 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77003
- Admission: $12 for non-member adults and children over 2. $9 for member adults and children over 2. Infants and children under 2 are admitted free but a free ticket must be ordered. Click here to order tickets online and save $2 per ticket.
- Parking: Parking is very limited at the Houston Zoo. On select nights, overflow parking is available at Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza garage at 6400 Fannin for a fee of $7 per vehicle, including free round trip trolley service to the Zoo entrance. Visitors are also encouraged to take the METROrail to the Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo station.