Celebrate all things craft-beer related at special tastings, cask openings, socials and other events all over the Houston area.
For eight days in November, Houston’s craft beer brewers, sellers and specialists unite in celebrating their favorite brews across the city, with unique craft beer-related events inside and outside of the loop. This year, Houston Beer week has sort of overflowed into ten days.
Daily Events through Houston Beer Week
- The Hay Merchant | Half off a Houston Beer & Growler Happy Hour at Midnight | Through Friday, November 16 – The popular Montrose beer tavern named for Herr Westheimer himself from the folks at Clumsy Butcher will offer a different Houston beer at half price throughout Houston Beer Week. The Hay Merchant will announce the featured beer of the day via their Twitter account. The bar will also feature a daily growler happy hour from midnight to 2am, offering 15 growlers for $15 each.
- Mongoose Vs. Cobra | Texas Music and Texas Beer Pairing | Through Friday, November 15 – Experience a musical tasting menu with five Texas craft beers paired with five iconic Texas songs. Flights will be guided by bar staff and further written details. 6pm. Click here for more details.
- Baker Street Pub in The Woodlands | Special on Featured Beer | Through Saturday, November 16 – Baker Street Pub and Grill will feature a number of different beers each from Saturday to Saturday. Click here for scheduled beers.
- The Goose’s Acre Bistro and Irish Pub in The Woodlands | Daily Beer Specials | Through Friday, November 16 – Find daily beer specials throughout beer week, including Southern Star, Shiner Draft, Karbach Mother in Lager, Firestone Walker, Goose Island, St. Arnold Icon Series and New Belgium. Click here for scheduled beers.
- Ruggles Green in Sugar Land | Daily Beer Specials on Fort Bend and St. Arnolds | Through Friday, November 16 – Find both beers on sale for $3 from 11am to close. Click here for more details.
- Grafiti Kitchen and Bar in Montrose | Four Breweries, Four Courses Special Menu | Sunday, November 10 to Sunday, November 17 – Dig in to a special four-course prix fixe menu featuring dishes paired with beers from Houston’s Karbach, Saint Arnold, Buffalo Bayou and No Label brewing companies. Meals are $33 per person including tax and gratuity, plus an additional $12 for the beer pairing. Click here for details and click here to view the menu.
Saturday, November 9
- The Hay Merchant in Montrose | Special Tapping of Unfiltered and Unpasteurized Pilsner Urquell – Enjoy a Pilsner Urquell that was kegged in Pilsen within seven days of this special tapping. No other Texas bar will be offering the same kegs. The first 50 people to purchase will receive free glasses. 11am to 2pm.
- Cedar Creek in the Heights | Texas Brewfeast – Celebrate Texas and craft beer at this day long event with choose your own beer and food pairings (four each per ticket), talks from craft brewmasters, live music from The Paul Ramirez Band, games and more. Noon to 5pm. $30 online and $35 at the door. Click here for more details and to order tickets.
- Cottonwood on North Shepherd | Real Ale Katz Coffee Porter Party – Dive into $4 pints of Real Ale Katz Coffee Porter, Hans Pils, Firemans #4 and Rio Blanco Pale Ale. Enjoy music from The Journey Agents and DJ Melodic. 5pm to 10pm. Click here for more details.
- More Saturday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Saturday, November 9
Sunday, November 10
- The Hay Merchant in Montrose | Special Tapping of a Real Ale Vintage Mysterium Verum – This special tapping of Real Ale beers will include Scots Gone Wild among others. 11am to 2pm. Click here for more details.
- Liberty Station on Washington | “We Can Do It” $2.50 Specials on Craft Beer Cans – Watch the Texans and nurse on $2.50 cans from Karbach, Founders, Oskar Blues, Southern Star, Brooklyn and New Belgium brewing companies. Bernie’s Burger Bus will be on hand as well. Starting at 2pm. Click here for more details.
- Liberty Station on Washington | “Ladies That Lager” Beer Class for Women – The Hay Merchant’s Kevin Floyd offers Beer 101 to women seeking to learn the finer points of beer. $45 includes beer tastings and snacks. Limited to 36 people. Click here for more details.
- More Sunday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Sunday, November 10.
Monday, November 11
- The Hay Merchant in Montrose | Cask Engine Takeover with Saint Arnold – Saint Arnold dominates in this takeover of all five of The Hay Merchant’s cask machines. Saint Arnold’s Endeavor, Oktoberfest, Christmas Ale, Pumpkinator and Icon Gold will all be flowing, marking the first time in history that five Saint Arnold casks have been available at one time in one place. Click here for more details.
- Liberty Station on Washington | Cask Tapping of Real Ale Cafe de Olla Porter– Enjoy this special tapping with guest Muiishi Makirritos on hand. Click here for more details.
- The Ginger Man in Rice Village | Pumpkinator on Cask – Enjoy Saint Arnold’s Pumpkinator on cask from 6pm to 10pm. Click here for details.
- World of Beer in Katy | Saint Arnold Pint Night – Enjoy Pumpkinator and Bishops Barrel #5 and tap and keep your pint glass while supplies last. Select Saint Arnold beers will be half off. 6pm. Click here fore more details.
- More Monday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Monday, November 11.
Tuesday, November 12
- Witchcraft Tavern in The Heights | Karbach Presents “Yule Shoot Your Eye Out” – Discover Karbach’s yuletide beer inspired by the classic warning (and even more classic lamp) from A Christmas Story. 6pm to 9pm. Click here for more details.
- The Goose’s Acre Bistro and Irish Pub in The Woodlands | Goose Island Five-course Beer Dinner – At this one-night event, Chef Cameron Achee will pair five gourmet dishes with Goose Island Beers. Reservations required. $55. Click here for more details.
- More Tuesday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Tueday, November 12.
Wednesday, November 13
- All Wednesday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Wednesday, November 13.
Thursday, November 14
- Gingerman Pub in Rice Village | Independence Extra Special Bitter on Cask – The beautiful copper-colored English bitter will be served from 8pm until 10pm. Click here for more details.
- The West End Public House | IPA Flights for $15 Take an IPA – focused trip with Buffalo Bayou Brewery, featuring Buff Brew Sunset Black IPA Coffee, More Cowbell, Meer Kobel and more. $15 per flight. Click here for more details.
- The Refuge Bar and Bistro in The Woodlands | Saint Arnold’s Beer Specials – Enjoy $1 off all Saint Arnold beers. Click here for more details.
- Red Brick Tavern in Conroe | Cycler’s Brewing Pint Night – Take advantage of specials on Cycler’s beers including Domestique Wit, Ryed Hard and Palmares Stout and get free glassware to boot. Click here for more details.
- More Thursday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Thursday, November 14.
Friday, November 15
- Growlers Montrose | Explore the beers of Belgium with Global Beer Network – Christy Hanson from the Global Beer Network will be on hand while Growlers offers samples of Belgian beers, including the hard-to-obtain-in-the-U.S Tripel Van De Garre, Gulden Draak, Troubadour Magma “Galaxy Hop” 2013 Special Edition and Imperial Stout, and Poperings Hommel Dry Hopped Hommel. Click here for more details.
- The Hay Merchant in Montrose | Special Tapping of New Belgium La Folie – A New Belgium brewer will be on hand to discuss the brewery’s La Folie at this special tapping from 3pm to 6pm. Click here for more details.
- D& T Drive Inn in the Heights | Three Coasts Double IPA Battle – IPAs from Green Flash Brewery on the West Coast, Brooklyn Brewery on the East Coast and local favorite Karbach Brewery will be vying for the title of champion IPA from 6pm to 8pm. $5 gets you a flight of all three. Click here for more details.
- More Friday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Friday, November 15.
Saturday, November 16
- Untapped Festival at Discovery Green | All Day Celebration of Indie Music and Craft Beer – Raise your glass at this live music and tasting festival featuring more than 200 beers from more than 70 breweries and live music from The Walkmen, Heartless Bastards, Big Black Delta and more from 4:15pm to 10pm. Click here for more details.
- The League of Extraordinary Brewers in Downtown | Untapped Festival After Party and Official Beer Week Finale – Your Untapped Festival wristband gets you access to Houston’s smallest brewery hidden in Downtown a block from Market Square park. You’ll find draft beer and food specials, including access to secret beer. Click here for more details.
- More Saturday Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Saturday, November 16.
Sunday, November 17
- MKT Bar at Phoenicia Foods in Downtown | Belgian Brews and Waffle Pairings – Enjoy rich Belgian brews, including Duvel and Adelbert’s, paired with Phoencia’s sweet and savory waffle dishes during from 10am to 3pm. Click here for more details.
- More Events – Click here to see all Houston Beer Week events for Sunday, November 17.
Houston Beer Week 2013
- Dates: Friday, November 8 to Sunday, November 17, 2013
- Location: Multiple venues around Houston.
- Event Schedule: Click here for the complete official Houston Beer Week event schedule.
Photo credit: Houston Beer Week 2013