Kick back at Onion Creek Café in the Heights just about any time of day for a great meal, coffee, beer or cocktail.
The first of Central Houston’s neighborhood Hill Country-flavored “Creek Cafés”, Onion Creek is part coffeeshop, part honky tonk and part burger joint. You’ll find the café surrounded by a patio complete with outdoor televisions for game-watching.
Onion Creek’s menu features quality Texas pub staples like big juicy burgers, chicken sandwiches with bacon, pizza, elaborate hot dogs and Frito pie. Large, fresh salads are available for those looking for a tasty meal without the grease.
Every night of the week offers drink or food specials.
- Monday – “Steak Night” features ribeyes and baked potatoes starting at 6pm. All day happy hour prices ($1 discount)
- Tuesday – Two for one breakfast tacos. “Beer and Bourbon Night” means that when you order a pint of craft beer, you get a bourbon for $3.
- Wednesday – “Steak Night” features ribeyes and baked potatoes starting at 6pm. Texas beers and booze night ($1 discount).
- Thursday – “Jamaican Beer Day” features $2.50 Red Stripes
- Friday – $6 house infusions
- Saturday – Chicken and waffles
- Sunday – Frozen mimosas, Bloody Marys and micheladas
Onion Creek Café
- Address: 3106 White Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77007
- Phone: 713-880-0706
- Hours: Sunday to Tuesday 7am to midnight; Wednesday 7am to 1am; Thursday to Saturday 7am to 2am
- Happy Hour: $1 discount from 4pm to 7pm daily.