We’re rounded up some of our favorite October specials designed to raise awareness of breast cancer and stir up some money to help fight it. Use it to find special cocktails and drink options, main courses and entrées, and sweet treats all over town. You can plan a progressive dinner with three or more stops or simply head to the one that suits your fancy.
- Drink Pink at the Four Seasons – For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, both Vinoteca Bar at Quattro and the Lobby Lounge in the Four Seasons will be offering the custom-designed Drink Pink (pictured above). The watermelon and basil martinis include Houston-based DASH vodka and proceeds from the sales go to Houston’s Stehlin Foundation .
- Metropolitans at Triniti Restaurant and Bar – Throughout the month, Triniti will donate $2 to The Rose Foundation for each of their popular magenta-hued Metropolitan cocktails sold.
- Wine Tasting at French Country Wines | Saturday, October 26 – Every bottle of wine sold during this free Saturday wine tasting will raise money for the Rose Foundation. For each bottle of red and white wine sold, $1 will be donated to the foundation and each bottle of rose sold nets the foundation a cool $2.
- Dinners at Monarch at Hotel Zaza – Buy a dinner entrée priced above $20 and Monarch will contribute $5 of that price to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Entrées at Tony Mandola’s – For each entrée sold in October, the restaurant will be giving $1 to the Pink Ribbons Project.
- Prix-Fixe Dinner at Sullivan’s Steakhouse – Go for the three-course “The Sure Thing” prix-fixe menu and some of the proceeds will go to support breast cancer research.
- Raspberry Sorbet Shakes at Smashburger – Offered only in October, all Houston area Smashburger locations will be serving up a special Raspberry Sorbet Shake featuring hand-spun raspberry sorbet and vanilla ice cream from Häagen-Dazs. For every shake sold, 40 cents goes to support Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Pink Ribbon Bagel at Panera – Houston area Panera locations are featuring their ribbon-shaped Pink Ribbon Bagel with cherry chips and dried cherries and cranberries. Proceeds from every sale go to support the Houston Affiliate of Susan G. Komen.
- Pink Ribbon Chocolate Cake at Prego Italian Restaurant – Order a piece of Prego’s rich chocolate cake, complete with pink ribbon, and 20% of the sale will go to support the Stehlin Foundation.
- Pink Pastries from Three Brothers Bakery – Choose from a slew of pink ribbon pastry products including cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and petit fours from the award-winning bakery. Proceeds from each sale go to support Susan G. Komen.