Pick the perfect Houston brunch or dinner destination to make Mother’s Day 2013 the best on record. We’ve highlighted some great themed and culinary experiences around the Bayou City to make for the perfect Houston Mother’s Day Brunch 2013.
- Jazz Brunch at Bistro Alex – Play it cool on Mother’s Day at Bistro Alex’s jazz brunch, featuring a three-course, prix-fixe menu showcasing strawberry salad, chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, grilled steak migas and strawberry shortcake. Bloody Mary’s and mimosas and the sultry sounds of local jazz musician Henry Darragh will smooth out the day. Brunch is available from 11am to 3pm and costs $32 per person.
Latin Brunch at Latin Bites Café – Mother’s Day brunch features delicious dishes from Chef Roberto Castre such as Venezuelan cachapas and arepas in addition to the popular Latin Bites breakfast. All moms will receive a Mil Hojas pastry, whose name translates to “a thousand layers.” Brunch is served from 10am to 1pm and the regular menu is available all day as well.
- Gospel Brunch at House of Blues – The menu at this hand-clapping, all-you-can-eat Gospel Brunch features cornbread muffins with maple butter, Creole chicken and shrimp jambalaya, chicken and waffles, carving stations, plus a create-your-own Bloody Mary and mimosa bar. Grammy Award-winner Kirk Franklin leads this legendary choir and contemporary live music show. Shows are at 11:30am and 2pm and advance reservations are strongly recommended.
- Asian Flavors at Straits Asian Bistro – Mother’s Day specials will be offered all at STRAITS in CityCentre. Chef John Sikhattana will be dishing out specials like the ahi tuna ceviche, butter lettuce wraps with crispy soft shell crab or grilled grape leaf beef, blue crabmeat and mango spring roll with Thai sausage, Asian pesto-seared sea scallops, and grilled Kalbi strip steak. 11am to 10pm.
- Champagne Brunch Buffet at the Omni’s Café on the Lake – Set amidst the hotel’s large, lush and tropical indoor pond, the atrium café offers a contemporary American menu for Mother’s Day, featuring breakfast, seafood, and carving stations, along with salads, pastas, kids’ specials, and a chocolate fountain. Brunch is offered from 11am to 2pm.
- Brunch Buffet at Line & Lariat – Complimentary mimosas top off this popular Sunday brunch, which also offers waffle, omelet, and carving stations, along with a raw oyster bar, buttermilk fried chicken and gruyere mac n cheese, and mixed pastries and desserts. Brunch is offered from 10am to 3pm. Price is $58 for adults, $25 for children ages 6 to 11, and free for children ages 5 and under.
“Third Coast French” Brunch at Triniti Restaurant – Chef Ryan Hildebrand brings a uniquely Houston touch to French cuisine. For Mother’s Day, he presents a four-course, prix-fixe menu featuring corn and lobster bisque, duck rillette, monkey bread French toast, frittatas, guinea hen and pistachio genoise. It also wouldn’t be Mother’s Day without mimosas and Bloody Mary’s. Brunch is offered from 11am to 3pm for $65 per adult.
- Refined Continental Cuisine at L’Olivier Restaurant – Chef Olivier Ciesielski presents a four-course, prix-fixe Mother’s Day brunch featuring housemade smoked salmon, butternut squash panzoti, crab cake benedict, chicken waffle, chicken crepe and chocolate mousse. This Houston Mother’s Day brunch lasts from 10:30am to 3pm and is $55 per person.
- Texan French Brunch and Dinner at Philippe Restaurant + Lounge – Pick your preferred meal at upscale Philippe. From 11am to 3pm, Master Chef Philippe Schmit offers chorizo scrambled eggs and eggs Benedict with bacon or smoked salmon. Dinner specials start at 3pm and include a roasted half lobster with crab bisque and a surf and turf plate with braised beef short ribs and prawns a la plancha. For dessert, choose Houston Mother’s Day special, an almond tart with strawberries, raspberry sauce and vanilla Chantilly.
- Brunch Buffet at The Restaurant at the Royal Sonesta Hotel – Live music and complimentary mimosas make for a spirited Houston Mother’s Day brunch. Menu items include avocado and quinoa with roasted beets and heirloom tomatoes, chilled melon gazpacho, Peruvian ceviche copa, tuna tartar, cinnamon raisin pecan brioche French toast, lobster ravioli, and tomato-crusted barramundi filet. Brunch is offered from 11:30am to 2pm. Cost is $55 per person, $45 for adults 65 and over, $25 for children ages 5 to 12, and free for children under 5.
- Brunch and Mini Pies from Sparrow Bar + Cookshop – In addition to the usual top-notch fare from Chef Monica Pope, Sparrow will be giving all mom’s a complimentary mini pie. Choose from flavors like rhubarb, strawberry, lemon, buttermilk and blackberry. Brunch is from 10am to 3pm. $35 per person for adults and $15 per person for the kids menu.