Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 28 to Sunday, July 2, 2017.
Also in June 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Fat Tony in Concert on the Avenida Plaza | FREE – See local rapper Fat Tony with indie rockers Young Mammals at this outdoor concert on the Avenida Plaza across from Discovery Green. 5pm to 9pm.
- Open Mic Comedy Wednesdays at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – Tell jokes to an audience or come to laugh along at this Open Mic Comedy night at Darwin’s Pub. You can also enjoy $2 tacos, $2 Tecate beer, and $2 margaritas. 7pm.
- Richie Ramone in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The legendary drummer from the punk band The Ramones, Richie Ramone, plays at White Oak Music Hall with openers Killer Hearts and The Velostacks. Tickets are $10 in advance and $11 at the door. 7pm to 11pm.
- Boston in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – See the legendary rock band, Boston, along with punk rocker Joan Jett & The Blackhearts at the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $35, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $30. 8pm.
- Reggae Wednesdays at The Flat | No Cover – 512 Brewing Co. presents Reggae Nights every Last Wednesday with special guests DJ’s at The Flat. Select pints will be $4. 8pm.
- Hot Flash Heat Wave in Concert at Satellite Bar – California-based pop band Hot Flash Heat Wave plays at Satellite Bar with openers Inner Wave and Satellite Bar. Tickets are $8.50 in advance and $10 at the door. 8pm.
- Date With A Night: Dj Grrrl Parts & Dj Brandon Duhon at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Join Dj Grrrl Parts and Dj Brandon Duhon as the spin everything from dance to indie tunes every Wednesday at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Etro Lounge. 10pm.
Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Girls Night Out: Sundress Party Edition at Revolver Bourbon Social | No Cover – Enjoy margarita and sangria specials as a portion of the proceeds will go to Boys & Girls Harbor for this Girls Night Out at Revolver Houston. You can also shop from local vendors and pop-ups. 6pm to 10pm.
- Sidewalk Chalk at The Nightingale Room – Have a cocktail as Chicago-based funk and jazz band Sidewalk Chalk hit the stage with opener Sam Trump at The Nightingale Room in Downtown. $5 at the door. 7pm to 11pm.
- Handsomebeast in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – Hear the electro-funk sounds of the local band, Handsomebeast, and enjoy a cold beer at 8th Wonder Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Jack Ingram in Concert at The Heights Theatre – Catch country artist Jack Ingram in concert with his full band at The Heights Theatre. Jaime Lin Wilson opens the show. Tickets range from $22 to $34. 7:30pm.
- Mind Shrine in Concert at Belle Station | No Cover – Hear the psychedelic soulful sounds of the local band Mind Shrine at Belle Station in Midtown. 8pm.
- Karaoke Latino at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Sing all of your favorite Latin hits from Shakira to Celia Cruz to Selena at this special Latino music karaoke night at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp. 9pm.
- What So Not in concert at Spire Nightclub – Dance to the tunes of Australian electronic musician and producer, What So Not, at the Spire nightclub. Tickets are $16. 10pm.
Friday, June 30, 2017
- Summer Series Art Stroll & Sale at Sawyer Yards | No Cover – Celebrate the start of summer with great local art, music, shopping, and a refreshing sip at the Summer Series Art Stroll & Sale at the Sawyer Yards. 5pm to 9pm.
- Dem Damn Dames’ Big Damn Burlesque Birthday at Numbers Nightclub – Dem Damn Dames host their 7-year anniversary party at Numbers Nightclub. See amazing aerial feats, laugh at comedy and humor of all sorts, witness sensual teasing, and enjoy drink specials. Tickets start at $15 for presale and $20 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Float & Flick Summer Series: Footloose Movie Screening at Hotel Derek – Catch a screening Footloose on a 3 story movie wall while sitting poolside and enjoying food and drinks from the Revolve Kitchen + Bar at Hotel Derek. Tickets are $20 and includes a drink ticket and popcorn. 7:30pm.
- Exhibit Opening: My Stories at Russian Cultural Center | FREE to Attend – The Russian Cultural Center hosts an opening reception for My Stories, an art exhibition by Azerbaijani painter and artist Makhmud Makhmudzade. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- Midsummer Magic Promenade at White Oak Music Hall – Counter Coven, a grassroots organization designed to hold space for women and non-binary artists, activists, and intellectuals, hosts this prom-like event featuring a live music, tunes to dance to, and even a prom photo booth. Tickets are $12 for individuals or $20 when you purchase a pair. 8pm.
- Stay Humble: Kendrick vs Gambino at Avant Garden – Enjoy local Houston DJs paying homage to two of the most creative and influential hip-hop artists of our time, Kendrick Lamar, and Childish Gambino, as well as local artists selling their art, jewelry, and clothing at Avant Garden. $5 cover. 8pm.
- Blaggards in Concert at Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park | No Cover – Get rowdy with Irish rock band, Blaggards, at Mo’s Irish Pub in Vintage Park. 8:30pm.
- Kinda Super Disco at Boondocks – DJ Kinda Super Disco spins dance tunes all night long with special guests Kidnap Kid and Ian Castillo at Boondocks in Montrose. Tickets are $11. 10pm.
Saturday, July 1, 2017
- Local Brews, Local Grooves Festival at House of Blues – Local Brews, Local Grooves – Houston’s Ultimate Craft Beer and Music Festival will feature 20 local craft breweries, over 50 beers and rare releases, 13 local bands, brew-inspired pub food pairings and more at House of Blues. $15. 3pm to 10pm.
- The Grateful Ball Concert at Last Concert Cafe – Deadheads unite for The Grateful Ball with The Travelin’ McCourys and Jeff Austin Band which will consist of a full set from both groups, followed by a special collaborative set by both bands playing the timeless music of the Dead. Tickets start at $17. 6pm.
- Prince Royce in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – See the Latin pop singer Prince Royce in concert at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $39.50. 7pm.
- Ladies’ Night at 8th Dimension Comics and Games | No Cover – Meet with other women who share your love for comics and participate in activities, games and more at 8th Dimension Comics and Games. Costumes are encouraged. Gentlemen are welcome too. 7pm to 10pm.
- Bush in Concert at Revention Music Center – See alternative rock band Bush when they hit the stage at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
- Gloria Trevi vs Alejandra Guzman Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Catch the legendary Latin pop stars Gloria Trevi and Alejandra Guzman at this co-headlining tour at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $59.50. 8:30pm.
- CSz presents Aladdin: Unscripted Adult Improv Show at CSz Arena – Disney’s Aladdin gets a late-night, not-for-the-kiddies comedy twist in ComedySportz’s Aladdin: Unscripted, a bawdy musical parody that turns audience suggestions into an unpredictable show. Full price tickets are $14, but limited comped (you just pay a ticking fee) and discounted $7.50 tickets are available for most shows. 10:30pm.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
- Summer Street Arts Festival – Enjoy the Summer Street Arts Festival, a one-day outdoor festival with local artists and vendors, DJ’s, food trucks, and live music at Summer Street Studios. Tickets are $15 at the door. 1pm to 9pm.
- DJ Duke Dumont at Clé Houston – London-based DJ and producer Duke Dumont brings the party to Clé Houston. Fashionable poolside attire is required. Tickets are $22. 2pm to 8pm.
- Karaoke at Pimlico Irish Pub | No Cover – Sing your heart out or just have a drink and watch performers at this monthly Karaoke Night Pimlico Irish Bar. 8pm.
- Diana Ross in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – See the Motown and Disco queen Diana Ross on her In The Name of Love Tour at the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $67, not including ticket fees. 8pm.