Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 29 to Sunday, April 2, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Wine Tasting on the Patio at Hunky-Dory Tavern – Join Hunky-Dory Tavern on their patio and enjoy a sampling of white wines and small bites. Cost is $35 per person. 5pm to 6pm.
- Horse the Band in Concert at Walter’s Downtown – Catch LA-based rock band, Horse the Band, when they hit the stage at Walter’s Downtown. Tickets start at $12. 7pm.
- Open Jam at Acadia Bar & Grill | FREE to Attend – Take advantage of the drink specials and show off your music skills as the Acadia Bar & Grill provides guitars, a drum kit, and a microphone for their weekly open mic night. 7pm.
- Moorea Masa & The Mood in Concert at The Nightingale Room | FREE to Attend – Sway to the soulful folk sounds of Moorea Masa & The Mood when they hit the stage at The Nightingale Room in Downtown. 7pm to 11pm.
- Whiskey Wednesday: Ryan Adam Wells in Concert at Barringer Bar | FREE to Attend – Have a pour of whiskey while enjoying live music from singer-songwriter Ryan Adam Wells at Barringer. 8pm.
Thursday, March 30, 2017
- 111th No Beer Dinner at Rudyard’s British Pub – Head to Rudyard’s British Pub as they host a seasonal local dinner paired with mead and cider from B. Nektar Meadery. Cost of the dinner is $60 per person. 7pm to 10pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes, and personal absurdities in The EaDo Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $9, including ticketing fees, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fee) and discounted $4 tickets are available for most shows.
- 9th Season of Turtle Races at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | FREE to Attend – Every Thursday, the Little Woodrow’s “turtle master” and his wranglers bring a group of feisty turtles into a ring to race in front of hundreds of cheering fans perched on bleachers. 8pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race: The Shady Tour at House of Blues – Haters Roast: The Shady Tour is the ultimate reading session, where the drag queen superstars aim their best zingers and stingers, sounding off on everything from politics and love to social media and their fellow “sisters.” Tickets are $22.50, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $14. 8pm.
- Poison Pen Reading Series at Poison Girl | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a live reading from three readers, each locally and nationally recognized writers of poetry, fiction and nonfiction. 8:30pm.
Friday, March 31, 2017
- Wine Boss Babe Launch Party at Bacco Wine & Spirits | FREE to Attend – Mingle and network at the Wine Boss Babe Launch Party and enjoy a complimentary wine tasting at Bacco Wine & Spirits. 6pm to 9pm.
- Luck of the Draw 2017 at DiverseWorks – Enjoy drinks, live jazz, and enter to win a special artwork in the raffle event, Luck of the Draw, at DiverseWorks Art Space located inside The MATCH. Tickets to enter the raffle range from $100 to $225 and you are guaranteed an artwork. 7pm to 10pm.
- Bombón at 8th Wonder Brewery | FREE to Attend – Listen to Latin beats and drink a cold brew as the local DJ collective Bombón spins at the 8th Wonder Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Lee Ann Womack in Concert at The Heights Theater – Grammy-winning artist Lee Ann Womack will bring her country tunes to The Heights Theater for this concert. Tickets start at $32, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Emmanuel y Mijares in Concert at Toyota Center – Performing for the first time together in Houston, Latin pop icons Emmanuel and Mijares will bring their “Two´r Amigos 2″ tour to Toyota Center. Tickets start at $100, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8:30pm.
- Bingo Players at Clé Houston – Catch a performance by electro house band Bingo Players at the upscale nightclub Clé Houston. Tickets are $20. 10pm.
Saturday, April 1, 2017
- 4th Annual Houston Whiskey Fest at Silver Street Studios – This annual upscale celebration of whiskey will bring together amazing whiskeys and spirits for festival-goers to taste and rate. Tickets are $65; $125 VIP, which includes early admission at 6pm, access to the VIP lounge, and a goodie bag. 6pm to 10pm.
- Panic! At The Disco in Concert at Toyota Center – Rock out with Panic! At The Disco at this concert as part of their Death Of A Bachelor Tour at the Toyota Center in Downtown. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Asli & Andrew DJ Night at The Nightingale Room | FREE to Attend – Get down to the beats of Asli Omar and Andrew of local band The Tontons while enjoying a cocktail at The Nightingale Room in Downtown. 7pm to 10pm.
- Gladys Knight in Concert Arena Theatre – Join the eight-time Grammy-winning “Empress of Soul” at the Arena Theatre as she performs all the fan favorites. Tickets start at $65, but you may find limited discounted ticket for $34.25. 8:30pm.
- Hippie Sabotage at Stereo Live – Dance to EDM when Hippie Sabotage hits the stage with special guest Kur at the Stereo Live nightclub. Tickets start at $18, not including ticket fees. 9pm.
Sunday, April 2, 2017
- 5th Anniversary Street Food Carnival at Underbelly – Join Underbelly as they celebrate five years of success with a globally-themed anniversary street food carnival. Admission is $45 and includes five food tickets and three game tickets. Kids 12 and under are free. 1pm to 4pm.
- Montrose Mingle at Cutloose Hair HTX | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a pop-up market and art show with local vendors and artists at the Cutloose Hair Salon in Montrose. 1pm to 5pm.
- The Art Pop-Up at Etro Lounge | FREE to Attend – This event brings together local artists and features their arts & crafts at their first pop-up event with food and booze at Etro Lounge. 3pm to 9pm.
- Wooster’s 2nd Anniversary Celebration | FREE to Attend – Celebrate the 2 years that Wooster’s Garden has been open with a photo booth, drink specials, and live music by Wild Moccasins and Los Skarnales. 4pm to 8pm.
- The Psychedelic Furs in Concert at House of Blues – Watch English rock band from the ’70s and ’80s, The Psychedelic Furs, with opener Robyn Hitchcock at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $30, not including ticket fees. 7pm.