Celebrate and sample more than 400 specialty and hard-to-find brews at the BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival happening at Galveston’s Moody Gardens on Labor Day Weekend from Friday, September 1 through Sunday, September 3, 2017.
Now in its eighth year, this massive craft beer festival has already been hailed as the third “Best Beer Festival in America” by USA Today‘s 10Best.
Headquartered at Moody Gardens, BrewMasters spans three days and is packed with a number of craft beer events, including a pub crawl, Brew-B-Que presented by Stubb’s Bar-B-Que, and BrewHaHa Grand Tasting.
Free Beer Friday & Badass Beard Competition
Bearded gentlemen of all stripes are encourageds to compete in the Free Beer Friday Badass Beard Competition. It’s free to compete, and prizes will be awarded for best full beard, goatee, mustache, and unique/artistic design.
Applications with photo must be received by 8pm on Friday, August 18, 2017. Click here for more details or to apply.
Tickets for Individual Events or a Three-Day Weekender Past
Tickets are available for individual events, or the devoted can opt for The Weekender ticket package, which includes a three-day pass, VIP access to the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, and an official BrewMasters 2017 hat for $165. Click here to order tickets.
2017 Schedule of Events
Friday, September 1, 2017
- Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting – As the adage says, “Liquor before beer.” Texans love their fine tequilas, and what better way to kick of a craft beer weekend, than with your pick of four tequila tastings and a gourmet nacho bar. Attendees can also play loteria (Mexican bingo) and live musicenjoy roving bandits. $30 in advance; $35 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Brewmasters Friday Night Pub Crawl – Hop on board a festive party bus for a pub crawl exploring some of Galveston’s trendiest bars. At each featured stop, beer experts (dubbed “Brew Brains”) will be on-hand to answer questions and talk beer. $25 in advance; $30 at the door if any spots remain. Departs Moody Gardens at precisely 8pm.
Saturday, September 2, 2017
- Texas Brewery Tasting Tour – Join a small group and enjoy a “tour” in an intimate environment, with flights of featured Texas brewed selections, featuring Adelbert’s Brewery, Altmeyer & Lewis Brewing Co., Fetching Lab Brewery, Franconia Brewing Co., Real Ale Brewing Co., Revolver Brewing, Texas Beer Refinery, and Vallensons’ Brewing Co. $25 in advance (expect tickets to sell out). Taste their favorite selections and talk with them personally about their history, their path and their products. 11:30am to 12:45pm.
- BrewHaHa Grand Tasting – BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival’s big event offers patrons the chance to sample some of the best brews in the world. Held in the Moody Gardens Expo Arena, this grand tasting showcases more than 400 craft and specialty brews. Many featured beers will be offered for public tasting for the very first time. For those who prefer their drinks with stems, there will also be a Wine Escape featuring selected wine samplings. There will also be multiple beer seminars on the Beer University Seminar Stage. $35 in advance; $40 at the door; $85 VIP gets you an earlier entrance. $15 in advance for designated drivers; $20 at the door. 3pm to 6:30pm.
Sunday, September 3, 2017
- Brew-B-Que presented by Stubb’s Bar-B-Que – Smack your lips with Texas style foods and live music. Diners can choose two meats (ribs, brisket, or sausage) and choose two sides (beans, creamed corn, or cole slaw). Admission includes a punch card good for six 2-oz beer samples, live music, and the option to purchase a full beer. $23 in advance with barbecue plate; $8 without. $30 at the door with plate; $10 without. 11am to 3:30pm.
More than 75 breweries will be onsite for the tasting event, including local heavy weights and favorites from across Texas and the United States.
New breweries are constantly being added. Click here to see a full list of participating breweries for 2017.
8th Annual BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival
- Dates: Friday, September 1 through Sunday, September 3, 2017
- Times: Individual event times vary, listed above.
- Location: Moody Gardens Convention Center, Galveston, TX 77554
- Admission: Individual events each have their own admission prices, listed above. The Weekender ticket package includes a three-day pass, VIP access to the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, and an official BrewMasters 2017 hat for $165. Click here to order tickets or for more information.
This article was sponsored by Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.