Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, August 7 to Sunday, August 13, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in August 2017
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Tuesday, August 8 | FREE – Watch the three-time Oscar nominated film adaptation of JK Rowling’s beloved bestseller, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE | Wednesday, August 9 – See the action packed movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8:30pm.
- Gymnast: Bouncing Ben at Children’s Museum of Houston | Thursday, August 10 – Enjoy the extreme tricks of Cirque performer Bouncing Ben as he dazzles with his daring and awe-inspiring acrobatic stunts at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Included with general admission of $12. 6pm.
- Shake Your Summer Sillies Out at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, August 11 – The Woodlands Children’s Museum celebrates going back to school – with one last, big summertime bash. The annual Shake Your Summer Sillies Out event calls for lots of silly activities and live entertainment for the kiddos. $6. 10am to 5pm.
- Ice Cream Social & Pop Up Market at East End Street Market | Friday, August 11 | No Cover – This Ice Cream Social and Pop Up Market will benefit teachers and help supply their classrooms in the East End. Enjoy food, live music, local artisan vendors, and of course, ice cream on this hot summer day. You can bring an item on the supply list for teachers to get free ice cream. 6pm to 10pm.
- Ice Skate USA Mardi Gras Theme Night at Memorial City | Friday, August 11 – Dress up in green, purple, and yellow and have a blast with beads, face masks, and skating at the ice skating rink at Memorial City Mall. There will be a costume contest, a photo booth station, and games in the party room. Skate rental is free with $10 admission. 8pm to 10pm.
- LED Galactic Fidget Spinner Workshop at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, August 12 – Build and customize a fidget spinner of your own at the Children’s Museum of Houston. There will be six workshop sessions, one every hour on the hour, from 10am to 4pm. Workshop fee is $5 on top of general admission fee and must be registered online. 10am to 4pm.
- Caturday Morning Cartoons at El Gato Coffeehouse | Saturday, August 12 – Spend a lazy Saturday morning watching cat-themed cartoons from the ’90s at this family-friendly event El Gato Coffeehouse Cat Cafe. Tickets are $10 an hour for kids ages 5 to 17; $12 an hour with a student ID; $14 an hour for adults. 10am to noon.
- The Jungle Book Movie Screening at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, August 12 | FREE – Bring the kiddos for an outdoor screening of The Jungle Book at Pearland Town Center. 6pm to 10pm.
- The Lego Batman Movie Screening at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, August 12 | FREE – Bring the whole family to catch an outdoor screening of The Lego Batman Movie at Sugar Land Town Square. 8:15pm.
- Pixar’s Finding Dory Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Saturday, August 12 | FREE – Take the kids to enjoy a screening of the Pixar movie, Finding Dory, under the stars at Discovery Green in the heart of Downtown. 8:30pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.