Make sure you have a seat at one or more select Houston Texans home games at NRG Stadium for the 2017 season now available for purchase.
The Houston Texans return for a new season with lofty hopes and expectations. A healthy force to be reckoned with in J.J. Watt, the stunning receiving of DeAndre Hopkins, and Lamar Miller racking up yardage makes for a lot of potential in a team that hopes to once again top their division.
The home schedule offers plenty of thrills including a preseason game against the reigning champions, a primetime matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs, and a home closer on Christmas Day against the Steelers. Sift through the full home schedule below and find a seat that’s right for you.
Purchases made through all links below generate commissions for 365 Things to Do in Houston. The ticket price is the same whether you use these links, or go directly to the website. But when you use the links below, you support our efforts to expand our coverage of Houston and things to do.
Houston Texans Home Game Schedule at NRG Stadium
- New England Patriots (Preseason) | Saturday, August 19 – Six months after their historic comeback Super Bowl win, the Pats return to Houston for the Texans’ preseason home opener. Guaranteed to be a raucous crowd full of fans from both teams, you can get in the door with tickets ranging from $33 for upper bowl and around $300 to sit a few rows from the field. However, you may be able to find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm.
- Dallas Cowboys (Preseason) | Thursday, August 31 – It might be a weeknight but “America’s Team” from Dallas tends to bring out fans wherever they play. The last home preseason game for the Texans, you can find tickets as low as $50 and upwards of $400 but might be able to find cheaper or better tickets with TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 7pm.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (Week 1) | Sunday, September 10 – The dawn of a new season begins at home with high expectations for a fresh Houston Texans team. Watch them take on their divisional counterparts in what could be a great start to a new year. Early tickets range from around $50 to more than $400 but cheaper and better tickets might be available on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Noon.
- Tennessee Titans (Week 4) | Sunday, October 1 – For many Texans fans, there’s an unpleasant pang in the heart when it comes to the Titans and what happened to the beloved Oilers of yesteryear. For this early season game, fans have an opportunity to make sure the city that stole a franchise knows where they came from. Tickets range for as low as $46 and upwards of $350 but better, cheaper tickets might be available on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Noon.
- Kansas City Chiefs (Week 5) | Sunday, October 8 – The Texans get their first prime time debut of the season with a late kickoff against the Chiefs. Get in the gates with a ticket ranging from $50 to north of $400, though you may be able to find cheaper, hard-to-find tickets on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Cleveland Browns (Week 6) | Sunday, October 15 – The ever-cursed team from Cleveland visits Houston as the Texans head into their following BYE week. A win here could tee them up for a very nice home stretch into the postseason. With tickets ranging from $40 to more than $330, you might be able to find better and cheaper tickets with TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. Noon.
- Indianapolis Colts (Week 9) | Sunday, November 5 – In their last home game against a divisional opponent, the Texans will look to make a statement against the Colts in what was a competitive AFC South last year. Tickets for the game are available from $50 to over $400, but cheaper and better tickets may be found on TicketNetwork’s resale market. Noon.
- Arizona Cardinals (Week 11) | Sunday, November 19 – Wins near the end of the season, especially at home, begin to mean quite a bit and this game against the Cardinals is likely to be an important one toward a potential playoff appearance. Seats range from $45 to over $375 but you might be able to find cheaper, hard-to-find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online market. Noon.
- San Francisco 49ers (Week 14) | Sunday, December 10 – The team from ‘Cisco didn’t too well last year with just two wins, and if the struggles continue through the new season, this could be a huge pick up for the Texans with just four games left in the season. You can grab a seat at this game for $45 to over $380 but cheaper and better tickets might be found on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Noon.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (Week 16) | Monday, December 25 – The Texans are coming home for Christmas in a nationally televised afternoon game to close their regular season home schedule. The finale comes against a Pittsburgh team that topped their division last year and will make for great post-presents watching. Likely to be the most expensive game of the year, tickets are ranging from $145 to over $900 but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 3:30pm.
365 Things to Do in Houston receives a commission from tickets sold through TicketNetwork when accessed by links on this website. This commission is paid by these companies out of their established ticket pricing and does not impact the price our readers pay for these tickets. These commissions help support 365 Things to Do in Houston and its staff, so that we may continue and expand our coverage of events and activities across greater Houston.