Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, July 17 to Sunday, July 23, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in July 2017
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Express Theatre’s Hilltop Festival for Children: Freedom Train at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Tuesday, July 18 | FREE – See a children’s performance of Freedom Train, a play about a mother and son who escape a plantation in Texas and journey to freedom along the Underground Railroad, at Miller Outdoor Theatre in the Museum District. 11am.
- Family Storybook Circle at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Tuesday, July 18 – Take the family to enjoy lively storybook adventures that connect art with fun, entertaining stories at the Beck Building in the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Free for members and for children 12 and younger. Free for adults with museum admission. 11:30am to 12:30pm
- Houston World Series of Dog Shows at NRG Center | Wednesday, July 19 to Sunday, July 23 – Talented canines will showcase their skills for all to see during this dog show that features conformation judging, seminars, exhibitions, and shopping. Free to attend on Wednesday. Tickets are $10 for adults and free for children under 12 on Thursday; $15 for adults for Friday through Sunday. 8am to 4pm each day.
- Express Theatre’s Hilltop Festival for Children: Let’s Make A Play Today at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Thursday, July 20 | FREE – Taking suggestions from the audience, the Express Improv Players create a spontaneous children’s play with costumes, props, and spur-of-the-moment songs at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 11am.
- Parachute Play Time at CityCentre | Friday, July 21 | FREE – Toddlers are encouraged to learn and develop as they play movement games, participate in songs and dances, and experience the 20-foot rainbow parachute at CityCentre. 10am to noon.
- Cool Nights: Sizzlin’ Summer Fun at the Houston Zoo | Friday, July 21 – Enjoy music, outdoor games, and learn about reptiles and amphibians during this cooler evening at the Houston Zoo. Included with general admission. 6pm.
- Houston Symphony: Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, July 21 and Saturday, July 22 – This concert will feature the Houston Symphony performing music from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Audiences will be able to relive the magic of the film in high-definition on a giant screen while hearing the orchestra perform John Williams’ score at Jones Hall. Tickets range from $23 to $105. Friday at 7:30pm; Saturday at 2:30pm and 7:30pm.
- Wild About Nature Workshop at the Children’s Museum | Saturday, July 22 – Learn about organisms and their environment with interactive activities at this Nature Workshop at the Children’s Workshop. $25. 9am to noon.
- Main Street Theater presents The Wizard of Oz at The MATCH | Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23 – Join Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion as the travel to the Emerald City in this musical based on L. Frank Baum’s classic children’s book. $20; but limited discounted $10 tickets are available for select shows. Morning and afternoon showtimes vary by day.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.