Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 12 to Sunday, July 16, 2017.
Also in July 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Fifty Shades of Men at Lumen Lounge | Wednesday, July 12 and Thursday, July 13 – Rev up your girls’ night out, give your BFF a bachelorette party or birthday she’ll never forget or simply indulge your secret fantasies at Fifty Shades of Men, a male revue created exclusively for women. Tickets are $30, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $15. 8pm both days.
- Grand Opening Celebration at Mo’s Irish Pub Katy | Friday, July 14 to Saturday, July 15 | No Cover – Mo’s Irish Pub opens its third Houston location in Katy with a 2-day Grand Opening Celebration. Enjoy live music, beer tastings from local breweries, swag giveaways, and food and drink specials. All day both days.
- Midnight Madness: Labyrinth Movie Screening at River Oaks Theatre | Friday, July 14 and Saturday, July 15 – Watch the Jim Henson-directed classic film starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly, Labyrinth, at this special midnight screening at River Oaks Theatre. Tickets are $11. Midnight both nights.
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Sundown at The Grove – Experience this festival-like event with music, food, beer and wine, and giveaways on the rooftop patio at The Grove. Tickets are $20. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Chocolate & Bourbon Event at Araya Artisan Chocolate – Train your palate to identify certain flavors in Woodford Reserve Bourbon paired with cheese, nuts, fruits, and of course, chocolate at this tasting at Araya Artisan Chocolate. Tickets are $39 per person. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Mt Eddy in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch alternative rock band from California, Mt Eddy, with openers The Turnaways at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $8. 7pm.
- Thomas Wynn and The Believers in Concert at House of Blues – Hear the Southern soul and rock sounds of Thomas Wynn and The Believers at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
- Journey in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Hear the ’80s anthem “Don’t Stop Believin” when Journey hits the stage with openers Asia at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace.
- Ku Egenti & Friends Comedy Showcase at The Houston Improv – Stand up comedian Ku Egenti hosts a comedy show featuring performances from Crystal Powell, Mike Rao, Rich Williams and many more at The Houston Improv. Tickets range from $15 to $20. 8pm.
- Karaoke at The Secret Group | No Cover – Have a night out with friends, drinks, and music as The Secret Group venue and bar hosts a karaoke night every Wednesday. 9:30pm.
Thursday, July 13, 2017
- Happy Hour Thursdays at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Bring your friends to a museum-style happy hour and enjoy the exhibitions, bites from food trucks, and specialty cocktails at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. 5pm to 8pm.
- Cultured Cocktails: The Flamenco Poets Society at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Have a cocktail, hear the poetry of Pablo Neruda read by local artist-poet Reyes Ramirez and see a Sevillanas dance performance, all while benefitting The Flamenco Poets Society at Bar Boheme. 5pm to 8pm.
- Saliva in Concert at Proof Rooftop Lounge – See the Grammy-nominated rock band Saliva play hits like “Click Click Boom” at Proof Rooftop Lounge. This event is free to attend with RSVP; $10 for VIP. 6pm.
- Bishop Gunn in Concert at Raven Tower | No Cover – Catch the rock n roll 4-piece band, Bishop Gunn, in concert at the Raven Tower bar and venue. 6pm.
- Eric Stanley in Concert at Warehouse Live – American violinist, composer, arranger, and record producer Eric Stanley performs for his Life Tour at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $25 in advance and $35 the day of. 6:30pm.
- Houston Networking Social at Clé Lounge – Grow your network, and improve your social skills all while enjoying a poolside cocktail with over 35 different industries meeting up at Clé Lounge in Midtown. The standard registration for this event starts at $12.6:30pm to 10pm.
- Bayou City Poetry Group Slam at Indigo in Midtown – In this Group Slam, all performing teams have been selected to compete at the national level, so they’re sure to bring their A-game and theatrical intensity to this all-out word brawl at Indigo at Midtown. Tickets are $10 but you may find limited discounted tickets for $5.
- Dem in Concert at Belle Station | No Cover – Enjoy a performance from Galveston-based reggae roots Dem along with drink specials at Belle Station. 8pm.
- DIY Story Night: A Storytelling Open Mic at Rec Room – Listen to local storytellers tell their stories at this experimental open mic night at the Rec Room. Cover charge is $5 suggested donation. 8pm.
- Karaoke Latino at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Sing all of your favorite Latin hits from Shakira to Celia Cruz to Selena at this special Latino music karaoke night at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp. Although this event will be hosted in Spanish, songs in English are welcome too. 9pm.
- Danger in Concert at Stereo Live – Dance the EDM music when the musician Danger performs at the Stereo Live nightclub. This event is free to attend with RSVP. 9pm.
- A Night In Havana at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – This cabaret party dons the sultry air of the Cuban paradise, hearkening to that atmosphere of tropical cocktails, cigars, exotic dancers, seductive musical acts, and sparkling casino tables. Expect live performances, DJ tunes, and the most glamorous dance floor this side of Havana. Tickets are $10 for general admission; $20 VIP, but limited discounted $6 tickets are available most nights.
- Waka Flocka Flame in Concert at Spire Houston – See a performance from hip-hop artist, Waka Flocka Flame with opener DJ WhooKid at Spire Houston. Tickets are $11. 10pm.
Friday, July 14, 2017
- Viva El Tequila Fest at Cadillac Bar – Celebrate the summer at this second annual tequila fest, featuring samples of tequila pours, signature cocktails, beer, tacos, face painting, and dancing. General Amigos tickets start at $40. 7pm to 10pm.
- Album Art Show at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Insomnia Gallery hosts a family-friendly group art show where local artists reinterpret their favorite album art covers. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, a food truck, and DJs. 7pm to 11pm.
- The Joe Valentino Show at Live Oak Bar & Grill – Experience a high energy Vegas-style variety show of doo-wop, disco and more at The Joe Valentino Show at Live Oak Bar & Grill. Cover charge at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- ComedySportz Houston at CSz Arena – If you like the TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway? then you’ll love ComedySportz Houston, a fast-paced comedy show that’s suitable for the whole family, now running at the CSz Arena. TicketNetwork Link here.
- Say Girl Say in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Hear the harmonies of the female duo Say Girl Say when they perform at White Oak Music Hall. A portion of the proceeds raised will benefit Girls Rock Camp Houston. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. 8pm to 11pm.
- Ringo Deathstarr in Concert at Satellite Bar – Catch Austin-based shoegaze band, Ringo Deathstarr in concert with openers Max Cherry, Frog Hair and more at Satellite Bar in the East End. Free to attend. Cover charge is $10 for under 21. 8pm.
- Elvis Tribute Concert with Joseph Hall at Last Concert Cafe – Celebrate the music and legacy of Elvis as America’s Got Talent finalist Joseph Hall performs his songs at Last Concert Cafe. Tickets are $10. 9pm.
- Silent Disco at Revention Music Center – Prismo, an EDM musician, headlines this Silent Disco where people dance to music listened to on wireless headphones instead of speakers at Revention Music Center. Tickets range from $10 to $30. 9pm.
- Costume Party at Metropolis – Pretend it’s Halloween in July and wear any costume for a chance to win a $500 cash prize at the Latin nightclub Metropolis. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Saturday, July 15, 2017
- Freedom of Expression Art Show at The Hardy & Nance Studios – Express yourself by submitting work or just checking out the art at this an open themed show at The Hardy & Nance Studios. No cover charge. The submission fee for artwork is $10. 5pm to 9pm.
- Opening Reception: Abhidnya Ghuge and Burning Bones Press at Galveston Arts Center | No Cover – Galveston Arts Center presents an opening reception for two exhibitions with two artists in conjunction with PrintHouston with artist talks at 6:30 PM. 6pm to 9pm.
- Leslie Jordan at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Laugh it up when Emmy award-winning actor and comedian, Leslie Jordan performs at the LGBT-friendly venue, Neon Boots. Tickets are $65 in advance and $75 at the door. VIP tickets are also available for purchase. 7pm to 11pm.
- Houston Gay Prom at Rockefellers Houston – Dress up in your finest attire and head to the Houston Gay Prom, a night for the local LGBT community where you can enjoy a red carpet with photographers, complimentary light bites and refreshments and a crowning of the prom king and queen at Rockefellers Houston. Tickets are $35 per person. 7pm.
- Kendrick Lamar in Concert at Toyota Center – See the seven-time Grammy-winning hip-hop superstar Kendrick Lamar play hits from his new album Damn at the Toyota Center. Travis Scott and D.R.A.M. open the show. First run tickets start at $49.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- Ray Wylie Hubbard in Concert at The Heights Theatre – Watch the legendary Americana musician, singer and songwriter Ray Wyllie Hubbard perform at The Heights Theatre. Tickets range from $22 to $34. 7:30pm.
- Flower Graves in Concert at Walter’s Downtown – Enjoy this psych-garage night with local band Flower Graves, the Austin-based band The Rotten Mangos, and from Galveston, India Tigers at Walter’s Downtown. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- Markus Schulz at Stereo Live – Dance all night long when techno and trance musician, Markus Schulz hits the stage at Stereo Live nightclub. Tickets are $15 and $20 for VIP. 9pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Shea Coulée at South Beach – See Season 9 of RuPaul’s Drag Race finalist queen Shea Coulée perform at the LGBT-friendly nightclub South Beach. Cover charge is $15. 10pm.
- Mile High Club Event with Bombón at House of Blues | No Cover – Enjoy champagne specials and select bottles of wine half off all night and sounds by the Latin DJ collective, Bombón during the Mile High Club event in The Foundation Room at House of Blues. Club attire is recommended. 10pm.
Sunday, July 16, 2017
- 4 Year Anniversary Celebration at Pistolero’s | No Cover – Celebrate the 4 years that the tequila bar in Montrose, Pistolero’s has been open by enjoying drink specials on margaritas and mimosas and vibing on DJ Josh Dupon’s jams on their patio. Noon to 8pm.
- Mint Julep 2017 at Rich’s Houston | No Cover – Head to the LGBT-friendly nightclub, Rich’s, and be entertained by Houston’s “Dream Girls & Guys” all while benefiting Legacy Community Health’s HIV and AIDS programs. This event is free to attend, but there are tables available to reserve and purchase. 2pm to 6pm.
- K. Michelle & BJ The Chicago Kid in Concert at Arena Theatre – Catch R&B singer K. Michelle with opener BJ The Chicago Kid at the Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $29.50. 7pm to 11pm.
- Rooney in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See the California 5-piece rock band, Rooney, with openers Run River North and Camera Cult at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $18. 7pm.
- DJ Night: Disco & Derivatives at The Flat | No Cover – Get groovy with DJ AK MAURER, DJ SUN, and DJ FXBOXolmos as they play all disco music at The Flat. Be sure to take advantage of their Sunday drink specials starting at 7pm. 7pm to 2am.
- Neil Diamond in Concert at Toyota Center – Music icon, Grammy Award winner and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Member Neil Diamond hits the stage at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.