Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, July 5 to Sunday, July 9, 2017.
Also in July 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- Sundown at The Grove – Experience this festival-like event with music, food, beer and wine, and giveaways on the rooftop patio at The Grove. Tickets are $20. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Open Mic Comedy Wednesdays at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – Tell jokes to an audience or come to laugh along at this Open Mic Comedy night at Darwin’s Pub. You can also enjoy $2 tacos, $2 Tecate beer, and $2 margaritas. 7pm.
- Winning Hand Wednesday’s at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover – Join the Just Poker Club for 2 poker games and enjoy cash prizes, drink specials, and a $10 burger and beer special at Wakefield Crowbar. 7pm.
- Heroes vs. Villians Bingo at Stats Sportsbar | No Cover – Choose to be good or evil and play for free shots at this Heroes vs. Villians bingo game night at Stats Sportsbar. Superhero and villain costumes are encouraged. 7:30pm to 10:30pm.
- Award Winning Karaoke at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Sing your heart out or just be a spectator while enjoying drink specials at this Award Winning Karaoke night at the LGBT nightclub, Guava Lamp. 9pm.
- The Dukes in Concert at The Concert Pub North – Rock out to the indie rock duo The Dukes with openers Bayou Vimana at The Concert Pub North. Tickets are TBA and will be sold at the door. 9pm.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
- Cultured Cocktails Event at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Have a cocktail and a conversation at the Cultured Cocktails event where a portion of the proceeds will go to This Side of the Rainbow, an organization that provides opportunities for LGBT teens and their families, at Bar Boheme. 5pm to 8pm.
- Frida Khalo’s 110th Birthday & Loteria celebration at Cuchara Restaurant – Join East End Studio Gallery in celebrating Frida Kahlo’s 110th birthday with a fun night of playing Frida themed Loteria, Mexican Bingo, and authentic Mexican food and drinks at Cuchara. Cover charge is TBA. 6pm to 9pm.
- Christina Cavazos & Jane Ellen Bryant in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – See the singer-songwriters Christina Cavazos and Jane Ellen Bryant perform at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 7pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes, and personal absurdities in The EaDo Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $8, but limited comped (you only pay the ticketing fee) and discounted $4 tickets are available for most shows. 8pm.
- Roger Waters in Concert at Toyota Center – The creative genius of Pink Floyd Roger Waters hits the stage at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $55, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Tightn’ Up in Concert at Belle Station | No Cover – Catch the funk and soul band Tightn’ Up while enjoying drink specials at Belle Station in Midtown. 8pm.
- Karaoke Latino at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Sing all of your favorite Latin hits from Shakira to Celia Cruz to Selena at this special Latino music karaoke night at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp. 9pm.
Friday, July 7, 2017
- Shop Local Night at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | No Cover – Shop Local from artists, vintage clothing vendors, local designers, and food trucks at this pop-up market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. 5pm to 10pm.
- Big Freedia in Concert at Jones Plaza – Dance with the Queen of Bounce Big Freedia as she performs at Jones Plaza in Downtown. Tickets start at $15. 6pm to 10pm.
- Wine Down at Bagby Park | No Cover – Wine Down is a monthly happy hour series in Bagby Park that features live entertainment, lawn games, and giveaways. For this Wine Down, enjoy some good ole country-rock music by Justin Taylor Band. 6pm to 9pm.
- The Cosmic Cats in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – See the local party band that can play any genre of music, The Cosmic Cats, while having a cold beer at 8th Wonder Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Molly Ringwalds in Concert at House of Blues – Jump back in time when The Molly Ringwalds play nothing but your favorite ’80s hits at House of Blues. Tickets are $12. 8pm.
- Atif Aslam in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Pakistani singer-songwriter and actor Atif Aslam performs at the Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land. Tickets start at $55. 9pm.
- Lost Kings at Stereo Live Houston – Dance all night long when the LA-based EDM duo, Lost Kings, spin at Stereo Live nightclub. Tickets are $10. 9pm.
- Allison Iraheta & Halo Circus in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Catch Halo Circus, a critically-acclaimed trailblazing bilingual alternative rock band, featuring its star singer Allison Iraheta at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $20 in advance and $22 at the door. 9:30pm.
Saturday, July 8, 2017
- Saint Arnold Downtown Pub Crawl | No Cover – Head to Downtown for this Pub Crawl and begin at participating bars including El Big Bad, Little Dipper, Molly’s Pub and more from 2pm to 3pm. You’ll get your punch card at that stop, and from there, you’ll learn your route. Gather at Market Square Park at 6pm where they will award the prizes and host performances from Ishi and The Waxaholics. 2pm to 8pm.
- LaLa Land Movie Screening at WineStyles – See the award-winning film starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, LaLa Land, as you sip on wine at WineStyles bar. The movie is included with the purchase of wine or food. 8pm to 11pm.
- Splice Records Birthday Party at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge – Celebrate the 3 year birthday of the local record label, Splice Records, with performances by Arthur Yoria, Muddy Belle, and more at Big Top Lounge in Midtown. There will be a suggested donation of $10 to $20 at the door. 8pm.
- I Love Love Songs: Jazz & R&B Date Night at The Alley Kat – Bring a date to The Alley Kat in Midtown for a live band playing jazz and R&B along with a menu featuring steak, catfish, and more. This event is free to attend with RSVP; $20 for one seat; $40 for 2 seats; $60 for a whole table. 8:30pm.
- CSz presents Aladdin: Unscripted Adult Improv Show at CSz Arena – Disney’s Aladdin gets a late-night, not-for-the-kiddies comedy twist in ComedySportz’s Aladdin: Unscripted, a bawdy musical parody that turns audience suggestions into an unpredictable show. Full price tickets are $14, but limited comped (you just pay a ticking fee) and discounted $7.50 tickets are available for most shows. 10:30pm.
Sunday, July 9, 2017
- Nora En Pure in Concert at Clé Houston – See the indie dance musician Nora En Pure perform live at Clé Houston lounge as you sip on cocktails by the pool. Strict dress code is enforced. Tickets are $16. 2pm to 8pm.
- Reel Big Fish in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See the ska band Reel Big Fish with openers The Expendables and The Queers at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $29. 5pm to 10pm.
- Megadeth in Concert at Revention Music Center – Bang your head to heavy metal band Megadeth on their Dystopia World Tour at Revention Music Center. Admission Tickets start at $25. 6:30pm.
- EZ Money in Concert at Warehouse Live – Watch hip hop artist EZ Money with openers Military Minded G, Adr0, Big Body and more at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $12. 6:30pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Eureka at Scandalo Nite Club – See a performance from Season 9 of RuPaul’s Drag Race queen, Eureka, with local openers at the LGBT-friendly venue Scandalo Nite Club. Tickets are $10 and $15 for under 21. 9pm.
- Andrew James & Keeton Coffman in Concert at Dean’s Downtown | No Cover – Relax and hear music from Andrew James and Keeton Coffman during Songwriter Sundays at Dean’s Downtown. 9pm to 11pm.