In our Where to Brunch series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best brunch offerings.
Running along the coastline, this charming bayside region is a breezy escape from the city. The area is surrounded by bodies of water including Clear Lake, Clear Creek, and Galveston Bay; and while you should definitely consider renting a boat or jet ski and getting out on the water itself, you can also check out some local gems for brunch.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Bay Area covers neighborhoods including Clear Lake, Dickinson, Kemah, League City, Nassau Bay, San Leon, Webster, and Seabrook.
Where to Brunch in Clear Lake & the Bay Area
- Bakkhus Taverna – Located near the Kemah Boardwalk, this vibrant Greek taverna boasts a Mediterranean Sunday brunch. Sip on bottomless mimosas and Greek coffee while you nosh on serrano-loaded fire feta with fried pita, omelets, eggs Benedict, Mediterranean-style salads, burritos stuffed with gyro meat and feta-topped burgers. Sunday 11am. Click here for directions.
- Grazia Italian Kitchen Clear Lake – Unwind with a leisurely weekend brunch at this Italian-Southern kitchen, with brunch plates including smoked short rib omelets; egg, ricotta, and mozzarella stuffed breakfast calzones; chicken-fried ribeye; and Cajun-dusted shrimp & grits kissed with smoked Gouda and jalapeño. Sunday 10am to 2pm. Click here for directions.
- Nobi Public House – One of Houston’s coolest craft beer pubs lies in an unassuming strip mall in Webster. Even better? Not only does Nobi Public House play host to a killer 200+ bottle & draft beer program that rivals any in the loop, it also dishes out fantastic Vietnamese-fusion pub grub. That means you can sip your suds with char-grilled pork fries topped with a yolky fried egg, sweet chili and butter-garlic wings, a fiery breakfast banh mi, Vietnamese iced coffee, and Sunday-only pho. Monday through Saturday opens at 11am; Sunday opens at noon. Click here for directions.
- Top Golf – Get “filthy” pickled olive loaded bloody marys and lime-spiked micheladas at this Webster-area Top Golf. While you’re at it, tack on egg-topped sunrise burgers, brûléed French toast, smoky Texas brisket hash and chicken & waffle sliders. Oh, and maybe play some actual Top Golf. Monday through Friday open to noon; Saturday and Sunday open to 2pm. Click here for directions.
- Villa Capri – This garden restaurant set right on Clear Lake boasts picturesque views and a decadent Sunday brunch buffet. Indulge in Italian coffees and mimosas; fresh salads and pastas spiked with cheeses and tomato, butter, cream, and wine sauces; housemade crepes and omelets; succulent chicken, roasts, and seafood; and Italian-style desserts, from cannoli to tiramisu. Cost is $19.95 per person (including a complimentary mimosa). Sunday 11am to 3pm. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Sip coffees and teas at Art of Coffee in Kemah or get a cup of Joe alongside Belgian Liège waffles at Seabrook Waffle Company; chill out and fill up on Southern and coastal eats at T-Bone Tom’s; hit the Sunday brunch buffet at Paradise Reef; get the Bay area’s best burgers at Tookie’s; slurp char-grilled oysters at Gilhooley’s and tonkotsu ramen with scratch-made noodles at JINYA Ramen Bar; taste the aromas and spices of India at Clear Lake’s Cuisine of India; watch boats on the bay and enjoy a waterfront seafood feast at Flying Dutchman Restaurant & Oyster Bar; and sip $3.50 mimosas and bloodys on weekends at Sam’s Boat.