The summer of soccer gets underway in Houston during July with exhibitions, tournaments, and a rivalry more than a century old.
Also in July 2017
Meanwhile, the Astros continue to make a strong case for the best team in baseball, and Houston plays host to pro wrestling and magic basketball from Harlem.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events this Month: July 2017
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, July 2 – Be one of the first 10,000 into the ballpark on Sunday afternoon to receive a ball and bat set as the Astros look to wrap up the home series against the top-of-their-division Yankees. Get through the gates with tickets starting at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 1:10pm.
- Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, July 2 – The SocioMX tour makes a stop in Houston, giving fans a chance to see soccer teams from Mexico’s LigaMX battle it out. This year, storied clubs Cruz Azul and C.F. Monterrey bring their rosters of International talent to town for an exhibition. In addition to the match, fans have a chance to see team practices, meet players, and win autographed items. Tickets start at $38, $38, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7pm kickoff.
- Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Arena | Saturday, July 8 – The Globetrotters have, indeed, found themselves around the world entertaining crowds with their combination of basketball talents, comedy, and theater. This summer, they drop by Houston for two shows and fans of all ages can come and be awed by the skills of these ball-handling wizards. Tickets start at $19 for both the 2pm and 7pm game, but you may find limited discounted tickets.
- WWE Raw at Toyota Center | Monday, July 10 – The weekly Monday night melee comes back to Houston for a bruising night of high-flying, mat-pounding action. Watch as some of the biggest stars of wrestling make appearances, including Brock Lesnar, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and more. Tickets range from $20 up to $105, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:30pm.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Group A Doubleheader at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, July 11 – The biennial tournament pits North and Central American teams against one another in a winner-take-all for bragging rights of the region and its coming to Houston once again. This year, a Group A doubleheader features Costa Rica vs. Canada (6:30pm) and Honduras vs. French Guiana (9pm) in a pair of high-stakes matches. Tickets start at $33 and are good for both games, but you may find cheaper and better seats on TicketNetwork’s marketplace.
- Houston Astros vs. Minnesota Twins at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, July 15 – It’s Carlos Correa bobblehead night at the ballpark for the first 10,000 fans as the ‘Stros take on AL Central’s Twins. If you were lucky enough to grab the Jose Altuve bobblehead back in April, this will be the last one you need to complete the “handshake series”. Tickets for the game start at $16, find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:10pm.
- Houston Roller Derby Double-Header at Revention Music Center | Saturday, July 15 – The penultimate matchup of the roller derby season brings The Bayou City Bosses vs. The Brawlers and The Valkyries vs. The Psych Ward Sirens in a night of high-speed, hard-hitting action on wheels. General admission starts at $15 and premium seats are available for $25. 7pm.
- Manchester City vs. Manchester United at NRG Stadium | Thursday, July 20 – The Manchester heavyweights of the English Premier League bring their rivalry outside of England for the first time. This derby has been ongoing since 1902 and both teams are equipped with some of the world’s best players from Paul Pogba, Wayne Rooney, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to David Silva, Sergio Aguero, and Kevin De Bruyne. To top it off, the famed Cl à sico coaches Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola are on hand to add another match to their own storied rivalry. Tickets range from $65 to $335, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8:30pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Boston Breakers at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 22 – The Dash aren’t in the best shape through the first half of the season, but the return of FIFA Women’s Player of the Year, Carli Lloyd, should provide a bit of spark to the hometown team. Fighting to get out of the bottom of the standings, they’ll meet Boston – a team just barely ahead in the table. Tickets start at $17. 7:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Portland Timbers at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, July 29 – The men in orange have turned the team around from last year’s disappointments and will come head-to-head with another team near the top of the standings. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.