Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during July 2017.
Also in July 2017
We’re in the heat of summer and we know that you’re looking for fun things to do. See the Harlem Globetrotters, feast on a seven-course dessert tasting, toss back tequila and tacos, take a seat to watch teams from around the world play soccer, celebrate the 4th of July, watch The Lion King live on stage and more at these can’t-miss events happening all month long.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of July.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston this Month: July 2017
- One Year Anniversary at City Acre Brewing | Saturday, July 1 – Celebrate the first anniversary of City Acre Brewing with newly released beer as well as old favorites, a buffet of German food, music, and commemorative pint glass.
- 4th of July Events Around Houston | Saturday, July 1 to Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4 – Celebrate Independence Day over four days at parades, fireworks shows, festivals, pub crawls, concerts and more happening all over the Greater Houston area. Also be sure to check out some of our favorite Independence Day events for families and favorite 4th of July shenanigans for grown-ups.
- Disney’s The Lion King at The Hobby Center | Saturday, July 1 through Sunday, July 23 – Disney’s iconic film The Lion King comes to life with more than 230 puppets and all your favorite songs in this Tony Award-winning musical now playing at The Hobby Center.
- Diana Ross in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, July 2 – Hear the soulful sound of Diana Ross as her In The Name of Love Tour comes to Smart Financial Centre.
- The Big Show at Lawndale Art Center | Starts Friday, July 7 – The annual juried, month-long exhibition will feature work from artists in the greater Houston area and will be on view through August 12 at Lawndale Art Center.
- Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Arena | Saturday, July 8 – Catch the Harlem Globetrotters perform their world-famous basketball tricks at NRG before they dunk out of Houston and head to their next city.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, July 8 – Shop a curated selection of specialty foods, folk art, and artisan crafts during this evening market hosted by The Washington Avenue Arts District.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup Group A Doubleheader at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, July 11 – Head to BBVA Compass Stadium to see Costa Rica take on Canada and then Honduras play French Guiana in this doubleheader as part of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Seven Course Dessert Tasting at Cloud 10 Creamery | Tuesday, July 11 – Satisfy your sweet tooth again and again at this seven-course dessert tasting hosted by Cloud 10 Creamery chef Chris Leung.
- Viva El Tequila Fest at Cadillac Bar | Friday, July 14 – Indulge in tequila and all things tequila-adjacent with sample tequila pours, signature cocktails, beer, tasty tacos, festive face painting, and dancing.
- Kendrick Lamar in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, July 15 – Grammy Award-winning rapper Kendrick Lamar is coming to Houston to perform hits from his latest album Damn at Toyota Center.
- Houston Symphony: The Music of Prince at Jones Hall | Saturday, July 15 – Reflect on the life of Prince as the Houston Symphony performs iconic songs like “Kiss” and “Purple Rain”, led by conductor Brent Havens at Jones Hall.
- Manchester City vs. Manchester United at NRG Stadium | Thursday, July 20 – This English rivalry between Manchester City and Manchester United will make its way to Houston for a match at NRG as part of the International Champions Cup.
- Date Night Cooking Class at Brennan’s of Houston | Friday, July 28 – Plan your next date night at Brennan’s, where you’ll cook dishes inspired by the ‘90s. The menu is TBD, but come hungry.
- I Love the ’90s Tour at NRG Arena | Sunday, July 30 – Travel back to the ’90s at this concert featuring all your favorites like TLC, Vanilla Ice, Salt N Pepa, Coolio, Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath and more at NRG.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.