Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, June 19 to Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in June 2017
Celebrate Juneteenth, meditate throughout International Day of Yoga, fill up on bbq at the Texas Monthly MeatUp, take part in one of the largest Pride celebrations in the country and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Juneteenth Celebrations Around Houston and Galveston | Monday, June 19 – Celebrate the anniversary of this historic day with a show at Miller Outdoor Theatre, concerts, parades and festivals in Galveston or a parade in Emancipation Park. All day.
- Iron Maiden in Concert at Toyota Center | Wednesday, June 21 – Rock out with British heavy metal band Iron Maiden when their Book of Souls World Tour storms through Houston with a show at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm.
- Houston Chef Series Dinner at Grotto | Wednesday, June 21 – Dine out at this private dinner from executive chef Ricky Cruz at Grotto. This event is part of Landry’s Inc. Signature Restaurants’ “Dining through the Decades” series. $95. 7pm.
- Rock the Runway at Audi Central Houston | Wednesday, June 21 – See the latest styles in summer fashion when models walk the runway at this fashion show at Audi Central Houston. Tickets start at $15. 8pm to 11pm.
- Dirty Dancing Screening at Market Square Park | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – Catch a screening of the classic film Dirty Dancing in its 30th anniversary year at Market Square Park. 8:30pm.
- Mixers & Elixirs at Houston Museum of Natural Science | Friday, June 23 – HMNS hosts this mixer with music, cocktails, dancing, and food after-hours at the museum. $25. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. FC Dallas at BBVA Compass Stadium | Friday, June 23 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play against Dallas in this home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- International Day of Yoga at Town Green Park | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – Take a deep breath at Town Green Park in The Woodlands as you meditate, participate in beginner and expert yoga sessions, peruse booths with books, yoga gear, refreshments and more in celebration of International Day of Yoga. 6:45am to 9:30am.
- Houston LGBT Pride Celebration in Downtown Houston | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – Celebrate Houston’s LGBT community in the heart of Downtown at the fourth largest pride festival and parade in the country. Noon to 11pm.
- Texas Monthly’s BBQ MeatUp at Silver Street Studios | Saturday, June 24 – Pitmasters including Ronnie Killen and Manny Torres of Killen’s Barbecue, Will Buckman of CorkScrew BBQ, and Arnis Robbins of Evie Mae’s Pit Barbecue in Lubbock will fire up their grills to crank out meaty dishes that guests can enjoy with cold beer, craft cocktails, and live music. $85. 6pm to 9pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.