Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, June 19 to Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in June 2017
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- 145th Juneteenth Celebration at Emancipation Park | Monday, June 19 | FREE – The City of Houston hosts the Juneteenth Celebration Re-Dedication Ceremony with Mayor Sylvester Turner along with live entertainment, art, vendors and more at Emancipation Park in the historic Third Ward district. 9am to 5pm.
- Disney’s Freaky Friday at Alley Theatre | Tuesday, June 20 to Sunday, June 25 – Based on the hit Disney movies and the novel by Mary Rodgers, Freaky Friday finds an overworked mother and her teenage daughter magically swapping bodies. Tickets start at $33, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $26. 7:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. 8pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Kidtastic on The Square at Memorial City | Wednesday, June 21 | FREE – The Houston Museum of Natural Science brings Dino Discovery to Memorial City. Perfect for any age, this highly interactive presentation offers a peek into the thrilling daily life of the dinosaur. 10am to 11:30am.
- Shadow Puppet Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, June 22 – Bring the kids for a story told with animated shadows created by manipulating cut-outs behind a sheet in front of a bare bulb lamp at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Each week will be a different story. $6. 11am.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit screening at CAMH | Thursday, June 22 | FREE – For older kids, who behave well in a museum setting, the Contemporary Arts Museum is hosting a screening of the 1988 PG-13 film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, in conjunction with artist JooYoung Choi’s current work at the museum. 6:30pm.
- Indiana Jones and Raiders of The Lost Ark on The Square at Memorial City | Thursday, June 22 | FREE – Bring a blanket and watch an outdoor screening of Indiana Jones and Raiders of The Lost Ark with complimentary popcorn at Memorial City. 7pm to 9pm.
- Tinker Bell at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, June 23 – Bring the kids to a special Storybook Theatre featuring an appearance from Tinker Bell herself at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $6. 10am to 1pm.
- Minion Dominion at the Children’s Museum | Saturday, June 24 – Go bananas during a day of despicable fun and meet the characters from the movie Despicable Me, the minions, at the Children’s Museum. Tickets are $12. 10am to 5pm.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, June 24 | FREE – Kids learn to express their thoughts and develop language skills at this workshop for conducted by Writers In The Schools. Limited to 25 students, first come first serve. 10:30am to 11:30am.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.