Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, June 21 to Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Also in June 2017
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- REACH Dancehall at White Oak Music Hall | FREE with RSVP – Enjoy an evening of performance art featuring local dance, music, and visual art with dancers from Houston Ballet, local bands, and various local artists in each genre at the REACH Dancehall showcase at White Oak Music Hall. There is also a suggested donation of $10. 6pm to 10pm.
- Open Mic Comedy Wednesdays at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – Tell jokes to an audience or come to laugh along at this Open Mic Comedy night at Darwin’s Pub. You can also enjoy $2 tacos, $2 Tecate beer, and $2 margaritas. 7pm.
- Iron Maiden in Concert at Toyota Center – Catch the legendary British heavy metal band Iron Maiden with openers Ghost at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
- Rock the Runway at Audi Central Houston – Enjoy an open bar and tasty bites at this event that features some of Houston’s runway models walking the catwalk in this summer’s latest styles in casual wear, ladies evening wear and more. Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door. 8pm to 11pm.
- Date With A Night: Dj Grrrl Parts & Dj Brandon Duhon at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Join Dj Grrrl Parts and Dj Brandon Duhon as the spin everything from dance to indie tunes every Wednesday at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Etro Lounge. 10pm.
- Reggae Night at The Flat | No Cover – DJ Fiyah Rama spins reggae, dancehall, and roots music all night at The Flat for their Reggae Night. 10pm.
Thursday, June 22, 2017
- Future in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion – See the Atlanta-based rapper Future with openers Migos, Tory Lanez, and Kodak Black at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $34.50. 6pm.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit screening at CAMH | FREE – The Contemporary Arts Museum hosts a screening of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. This film predicted the increasing irresistibility of fully entering multiple worlds and provided endless inspiration for A Better Yesterday artist JooYoung Choi. 6:30pm.
- Flashback Thursday DJ Throwdown at Rockefellers | FREE with RSVP – Put your dancing shoes on and hear tunes from the past at this DJ Throwdown at Rockefellers Houston. $300 for VIP. 7pm.
- John Egan in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | No Cover – Have a cold beer and enjoy a performance from local musician John Egan at 8th Wonder Brewery. 7pm to 10pm.
- Movie Night: Field of Dreams at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – City Acre’s Brewery summer movie series begins with the second out of three baseball films, Field of Dreams, along with baseball-themed drinks and snacks. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- School Daze Movie Night at Raven Tower | No Cover – Laugh with friends as you watch the funny schoolhouse videos that teachers would have shown in the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s at the School Daze Movie Night at Raven Tower. In addition to showing these films, Eatsie Boys and 8th Wonder Brewery will be developing a special menu of magic sloppy joes, potato chips, and a mystery Jell-O dessert. 8pm to 11pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Carmen Carrera at South Beach – Model, burlesque dancer, and season 3 contestant of RuPaul’s Drag Race Carmen Carrera will be co-hosting a drag queen competition and participate in a meet and greet at South Beach. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Migos in Concert at Mercy Night Club – Get “Bad and Boujee” with the hip-hop trio, Migos, when they hit the stage at Mercy Night Club. Tickets range from $25 to $65. 9pm.
Friday, June 23, 2017
- Eden: A Pride Girl Party at Pearl Bar – The girls of Houston’s LGBT community are the focus of the Eden event for this official Pride party that welcomes everyone. There will be a burlesque show, a silent auction, drinks, and even an inflatable fun zone. Tickets are $10. 5pm.
- Mixers & Elixirs at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Don’t miss your chance to mingle with the dinosaurs, as the museum opens up for a night of music, dancing, cocktails, food trucks, and fun. Tickets are $25; $15 for museum members. 7pm to 10pm.
- Geeks and Giggles Comedy Show at Rec Room – The foul-mouthed femme fatale, Roxxy Haze, presents Geeks and Giggles, a comedy show Rec Room. Featuring some local hilarious comedians, this show will entertain with standup comedy, storytelling, and improv games using suggestions from you. Tickets start at $10. There will be a performance at 7pm and one at 9pm.
- Freedom: A Tribute to George Michael and Wham! at House of Blues – Hear songs like “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” and “Everything She Wants” by ’80s band Wham and the late great George Michael at this special live tribute at House of Blues. Tickets are $12. 7pm.
- Loteria at Drink of Ages Pub | No Cover – Deep Ellum Brewing hosts a night of Loteria, Mexican Bingo, with prizes and drinks at Drink of Ages Pub. 8pm to 11pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Katya and Trixie at South Beach – Performers, drag queens, and comedy duo Katya and Trixie hit the stage at South Beach for a performance and an autograph party. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Russ in Concert at Revention Music Center – American hip hop recording artist, singer-songwriter, and record producer, Russ hits the stage at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $39, not including ticket fees. 9pm.
- Motel Radio in Concert at The Continental Club – Catch New Orleans-based indie rock band Motel Radio with local openers Londale at The Continental Club. Tickets are $12. 9:30pm.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Houston LGBT Pride Celebration in Downtown Houston | FREE – Celebrate Houston’s LGBT community in the heart of Downtown at the fourth largest pride festival and parade in the country. This event is free to attend. Limited VIP tickets are available. 12:30pm to 11pm.
- The Cat Art Show at Texas Art Asylum | FREE – Submit artwork or just be a spectator for this feline-themes art show benefitting Planned Parenthood at the Texas Art Asylum. 4pm.
- Kawaii Cosplay Night at GameGuys Warehouse | No Cover – Wear your favorite anime cosplay attire and enter the contest for a chance to win a $200 cash prize at GameGuys Warehouse. 6pm to midnight.
- Jermaine Dupri’s SoSoSummer 17 Tour at Revention Music Center – From Kriss Kross’ “Jump” to Mariah Carey’s “We Belong Together,” Grammy-winning super-producer Jermaine Dupri has given R&B and hip-hop lovers 25 years’ worth of hits. Catch the emerging stars he’s taken under his wing –including Miss Mulatto, Mani, Nova, Deetranada, and more– in concert at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $30, but you may find limited discounted tickets starting at $20.
- Beyond Wonderland: Official Pride Afterparty at Rich’s Houston – Don’t stop the party and head to Rich’s Houston in Midtown for drinks, dancing, and two levels of DJ’s and Wonderland-themed lighting after the parade. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
- The Late Show at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. The Moonlight Dolls and special guests perform classic and tasteful stripteases, plus vocalists, dancers, and aerialists showcasing their signature acts. Tickets are $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $24. 11:30pm.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Whiskey+Beer+Tacos at Eight Row Flint – Enjoy this Whiskey+ Beer+Taco event, featuring WhistlePig and Saint Arnold Brewing Company at Eight Row Flint. Learn about all sorts or Rye with Doug Ward of WhistlePig, delight in pairings of beer and rye with Aaron Inkrott of Saint Arnold, and be sure to eat tacos made by Bryan Davis from Eight Row. $50. Noon to 3pm.
- SundayFunday with DJ Phil at Aloft Hotel Downtown | No Cover – Head to Downtown to enjoy this rooftop pool party featuring music by DJ Phil and drink specials at the Aloft Hotel. 2pm to 5pm.
- The Friends of the Phoenix Luau Launch Party – Kick off the summer with a bit of a Hawaiian flare, while also raising funds for one of Houston’s newest nonprofits, The Friends of the Phoenix. Enjoy drink specials, prizes, photos, and of course, a Hawaiian-style pig roast. Tickets range from $15 to $40. 2pm to 10pm.
- The Magician at Clé Lounge Houston – Enjoy sitting poolside and having a cocktail while the DJ and producer The Magician comes to town to play dance music at Clé Houston in Midtown. Fashionable poolside attire is required. Tickets are $16. 2pm to 5pm.
- 1 Year Anniversary at Rec Room – Bring your friends over to East Downtown to celebrate the Rec Room being open one year at this a casual happy hour with cake. 5pm to 8pm.
- Punk Metal Pride Weekend Benefit for HATCH Youth at Walter’s Downtown – See local bands including Gary Floyd, Doomstress, No Love Less and more at this benefit for Hatch Youth, a local social group for LGBTQ youth. Tickets are $10. 6pm to 9pm.
- Platform: Disco & Derivatives at The Flat – Get groovy and bust a move when DJ Sun spins nothing but disco music at The Flat. 8pm to 11pm.
- The Come Up: An Underground Hip Hop/R&B Showcase at White Oak Music Hall – Watch local Hip Hop and R&B acts at this showcase where they compete for prizes at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 the day of and $22 at the box office. 9pm.
- Pride Foam Party at South Beach – Celebrate Pride month as the dancefloor at South Beach fills up to your shoulders with organic foam while you dance the night away. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.