Celebrate Houston Pride 2017 with more than a week’s worth of events, parties, celebrations, and activities lasting until Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Every year, Houston’s Gay Pride celebrations get bigger, with the official week spanning the second half of June.
This year, the official party remains firmly relocated from its spiritual home in Montrose to the big city streets of Downtown. The official Houston Pride Festival will be held at Hermann Square Park, in front of City Hall, while the evening parade follows it in Downtown.
With attendance at the main event surpassing 700,000 and expected to grow this year.
We’ve pulled together a list of the main events to keep you busy just about every night through the end of June.
Pride Houston 2017 Events & Festivities
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- Rock the Runway at Audi Central Houston – Enjoy an open bar and tasty bites at this event that features some of Houston’s runway models walking the catwalk in this summer’s latest styles in casual wear, ladies evening wear and more. Tickets are $15 online and $20 at the door. 8pm to 11pm.
- Pride Contest Finale: So You Think You Can Sing? at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Watch contestants sing their heart out for a big prize and cheer on your favorite performer at this Pride singing contest grand finale at Guava Lamp. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Bayou City Performing Arts: Gay Men’s Chorus – Houston and the Bayou City Women’s Chorus. 9pm to 10:30pm.
Thursday, June 22, 2017
- Pride Superstar Competition Finale at Rich’s Houston | No Cover – Pride Superstar celebrates 11 years of fierce competition with a new batch of Houston talent. Singers must master challenging themes and win over a rowdy crowd. See the competition finale at Rich’s Houston. 8pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Carmen Carrera at South Beach – Model, burlesque dancer, and season 3 contestant of RuPaul’s Drag Race Carmen Carrera will be co-hosting the local drag queen competition, So You Think You Can Drag? and participate in a meet and greet at South Beach. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Karaoke Latino at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Sing all of your favorite Latin hits from Shakira to Celia Cruz to Selena at this special Latino music karaoke night at the LGBT-friendly nightclub Guava Lamp. Although this event will be hosted in Spanish, songs in English are welcome too. 9pm.
Friday, June 23, 2017
- Rainbow on the Green at Discovery Green | FREE – This LGBTQ city-wide celebration will feature all-star performances by Crawford Nation and violinists Angelina DM Trailz with music by DJ ASTRA, dance and R&B diva CeCe Peniston, and Colonial Blue featuring Stephanie Rice of The Voice Season 12. 7pm to 10pm.
- Eden: A Pride Girl Party at Pearl Bar – The girls of Houston’s LGBT community are the focus of the Eden event for this official Pride party that welcomes everyone. There will be a burlesque show, a silent auction, drinks, and even an inflatable fun zone. Tickets are $10. 5pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Katya and Trixie at South Beach – Performers, drag queens, and comedy duo Katya and Trixie hit the stage at South Beach for a performance, photos with fans, and an autograph party. 9pm.
Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Houston Pride Festival in Downtown | No Cover – Show your pride and wear all the colors of the rainbow for the Official Houston Pride Festival and enjoy live music, drinks and more. The festival will be located on the cross streets of McKinney St and Smith St. This event is free to attend, but VIP tickets are available. Noon to 7pm.
- Houston Pride Parade in Downtown | No Cover – Following after the Pride Festival, march down the streets of Downtown proudly with performers and floats at the fourth largest LGBT parade in the country. The parade will begin at Smith and Lamar and continues down Smith St until Walker, where it will make a right turn and continue down until Milam Street until Jefferson Street. 8:30pm to 11pm.
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Alaska and Detox at South Beach – Winner of Season 2 of RuPaul’s All Stars Alaska and runner-up Detox perform at South Beach for their Gay Pride Party. After the performance, there will be a meet and greet. 9pm.
- Beyond Wonderland: Official Pride Afterparty at Rich’s Houston – Don’t stop the party and head to Rich’s Houston in Midtown for drinks, dancing, and two levels of DJ’s and Wonderland-themed lighting after the parade. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Mad Tea: Official Pride Houston Closing Party at Rich’s – The Official Houston LGBT Pride Celebration closes the week with a party at Rich’s nightclub. Be prepared for amazing music, drinks, and two stories to dance the night away. Cover charge at the door. 5pm to 11pm.
- Punk Metal Pride Weekend Benefit for HATCH Youth at Walter’s Downtown – See local bands including Gary Floyd, Doomstress, No Love Less and more at this benefit for Hatch Youth, a local social group for LGBTQ youth. Along with live music, there will be vinyl records, tapes, t-shirts, and books for sale. Tickets are $10. 6pm to 9pm.
- Pride Foam Party at South Beach – Celebrate the closing of Pride month as the dancefloor at South Beach nightclub fills up to your shoulders with organic foam. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.