Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, May 15 to Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in May 2017
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery Green | Tuesday, May 16 | No Cover – Bring your toddler to learn about different themes each week at Discovery Green. Themes will include diversity, Easter, storybook time and more. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Kidtastic on The Square at Memorial City | Wednesday, May 17 | No Cover – Enjoy all kinds of activities including art and crafts, live music and more at Memorial City Mall. Each week is a new activity. 10am to 11:30am.
- Renaissance Rock at Children’s Museum | Thursday, May 18 – Immerse yourself in the Renaissance culture through the music and dance of time when Ars Lyrica introduces K-12 students to period dances with an array of instruments at the Children’s Museum. Tickets are $12. 6:30pm.
- Houston Greek Fest at St. Basil The Great Greek Orthodox Church | Friday, May 19 to Sunday, May 21 – Take part in Hellenic culture with an expected 15,000 attendees as you enjoy the finest in Greek foods, pastries, church tours, shopping, dancing, and children’s activities. Dig into eats like pastichio, pork souvlaki, spanakopita, and baklava. Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children under 10. Times vary each day.
- Young Writers Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, May 20 | No Cover – Kids learn to express their thoughts and develop language skills at this workshop for conducted by Writers In The Schools. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- The Jungle Book at McPhail Hall | Saturday, May 20 – Join Mowgli and his animal friends when Rudyard Kipling’s classic children’s story The Jungle Book comes to life on stage at McPhail Hall. Tickets are $10, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $5. 11am.
- Extremely Shorts Film Festival at Aurora Picture Show | Saturday, May 20 – Aurora Picture Show’s annual Extremely Shorts Film Festival showcases a wide range of new films from local, national, and international artists–each under three minutes long. This event will feature short films predominantly by young filmmakers. Tickets are $10. Free to attend for members and kids under 14. 2pm.
- Kidz Bop Kids in Concert at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, May 20 – Bring the kiddos to hear top 40 songs sung by the Kidz Bop Kids at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees. 5pm.
- Cigna Sunday Streets at Brays Oaks Neighborhood | Sunday, May 21 | No Cover – Bring the family to Cigna Sunday Streets Houston, an event where a stretch of streets normally reserved for cars and other vehicles allow cycling, walking, dancing, socializing, and provides a family-friendly opportunity to be physically active. Noon to 4pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.