Get your Earth Day on with timely special events, performances, celebrations and more for all ages across Greater Houston on Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, 2017.
With Earth Day 2017 falling on a Saturday, there are plenty of nature-centric ways to celebrate the planet both inside and out.
8 Great Earth Day Events Around Houston in 2017
- Party for the Planet at Downtown Aquarium – Check out natural creatures of the deep, and learn more about our oceans at an event included with museum admission. 10am to 4pm.
- Earth Day Bash at The Children’s Museum – Kids can explore nature’s creations and learn about protecting the planet. $12. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Fossil, Mineral, Jewelry & Archaeological Trade Show VI at the Houston Gem and Mineral Society | FREE – Explore some of the planet’s most spectacular byproducts at this show featuring a array of rare minerals, fossils, artifacts, jewelry and more. 10am to 6pm.
- Recycling Saturday at Discovery Green | FREE – Care for the planet and recycle your paper, plastic, and glass at this weekly pop-up. 11am to 2pm.
- Earth Day: Picnic in the Park at Evelyn’s Park | FREE – Pack a picnic (or place an order for one) and sprawl out on the lawn of the new Evelyn’s Park while enjoying a mini farmers market or family-friendly fitness activities in celebration of Earth Day. 11am to 5pm.
- Earth Day Extravaganza & Farmer’s Market at Harvest Green | FREE – Shop for produce from Harvest Green’s community farm, compete in the watermelon eating contest, grab a bite from a food truck and more. Noon to 4pm.
- Bayou Bash at Buffalo Bayou Park – While it’s not officially an Earth Day event, an afternoon of day drinking, crawfish-eating, and outdoor entertainment under the trees at Buffalo Bayou Park sounds like a pretty sweet way to enjoy nature’s bounties. The event is a fundraiser for the Bayou Buddies young professionals group. Tickets start at $25. Noon to 4pm.
- Earth Day on the Avenida | FREE – Celebrate Earth Day by hearing performances from Squonk’s Pneumatica, shopping around the eco-friendly market, taking part in art and science activities and more on the Avenida in Downtown. 5pm to 10pm.