Mix and match your show(s) to get your fix of jazz, classical and contemporary music at Da Camera Mix at The MATCH, Tuesday, April 25 through Saturday, April 29, 2017.
Da Camera of Houston is teaming up with The MATCH to present ten concerts over five days showcasing a mix of jazz, classical and contemporary music from artists around the globe.
Da Camera Mix at The MATCH performances are at 7:30pm and 9pm each night, with some acts playing two shows, but never on the same night. Between sets, guests are invited to mingle with artists and other audience members over cocktails.
- Conor Hanick: Philip Glass and Stockhausen – Pianist Conor Hanick performs a collection of eight solo works from Philip Glass, with Karlheinz Stockhausen’s “Klavierstuck No. 4, IX” right in the middle. Click here for more details.
- James Francies Trio – Houston native pianist James Francies leads his trio through this concert of jazz melodies. Click here for more details.
- Bach in Brooklyn – Hear Bach’s “Violin Sonata No. 1 in G Minor, BWV 1001”, along with works from New York based composers Nico Muhly, Christopher Cerrone, Angélica Negrón and Missy Mazzoli performed by Da Camera Young Artists. Click here for more details.
- Dance Party with Red Baraat – The eight-piece band from Brooklyn brings their unique sound, a combination of North Indian Bhangra, hip hop and jazz, to life through this energetic show. Click here for more details.
- Theo Bleckmann Ben Monder Duo – This duo, made up of Grammy nominated jazz singer and composer Theo Bleckmann and guitarist Ben Monder, performs two shows at Mix at The MATCH. Click here for more details.
- Sonia Wieder-Atherton/Sarah Rothenberg: Blow Up, My City – Paris-based cellist Sonia Wieder-Atherton and pianist and Da Camera artistic director Sarah Rothenberg play tribute to filmmaker Chantal Akerman in this concert titled Blow Up, My City. Click here for more details.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Thursday, April 27, 2017
Friday, April 28, 2017
- Sonia Wieder-Atherton/Sarah Rothenberg: Blow Up, My City – 7:30pm
- Theo Bleckmann Ben Monder Duo – 9pm
Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Theo Bleckmann Ben Monder Duo – 7:30pm
- Sonia Wieder-Atherton/Sarah Rothenberg: Blow Up, My City – 9pm
Mix and match the performances you want attend, with single performances costing $20 in advance or $25 at the door, and back-to-back performances in the same evening for $30 in advance or $35 at the door. Purchase an All Access Pass for $120 to see them all, or take it up a notch and get a mixologist pass, which includes reserved seating to every show, 4 drink tickets, a CD and a Da Camera swag bag, for $250.
Da Camera Mix at The MATCH
- Dates: Tuesday, April 25 to Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Times: 7:30pm and 9pm daily. Click here for lineup.
- Location: The MATCH, 3400 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002.
- Admission: Tickets for individual sets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door; tickets for both sets on the same evening are $30 in advance, $35 at the door; all access passes are $120; mixologist passes are $250 and include 4 drink tickets, a CD and a Da Camera swag bag. Click here to purchase tickets.
This story was sponsored by Da Camera of Houston. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.