Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, April 17 to Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 11 Things This Week
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Sensational Senses WonderWeek at The Children’s Museum | Monday, April 17 through Wednesday, April 19 – Hear, see, smell, taste, and touch the outside world through hands-on activities as The Children’s Museum of Houston celebrates different abilities that make each child and their senses unique. Times vary daily.
- Toddler Tuesdays at Discovery | Tuesday, April 18 | FREE to Attend – Bring your toddler to learn about different themes each week at Discovery Green. Themes will include diversity, Easter, storybook time and more. 10:30am to 12:30pm.
- Charlotte’s Web at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Wednesday, April 19 and Thursday, April 20 | FREE to Attend – This adaptation of E. B. White’s classic children’s story, Charlotte’s Web, features enchanting characters, including Wilbur, Charlotte, Templeton the rat, and Fern at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 11am.
- Shadow Puppet Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, April 20 – Bring the kids for a story told with animated shadows created by manipulating cut-outs behind a sheet in front of a bare bulb lamp at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- Story Book Opera at The Children’s Museum | Thursday, April 20 | FREE to Attend – Join the Children’s Museum for an interactive storytelling of Bantam of the Opera, an imaginative picture book featuring Luigi, a bantam rooster who has a talent for singing, during the free family night. 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
- NHRA Spring Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway | Friday, April 21 through Sunday, April 23 – The nation’s Top Fuel dragster event returns to Baytown’s Royal Purple Raceway, promising deafening roars, and high-octane thrills. Day tickets to the events start at $45 for adults; $15 for children 13 and under. 9am each day.
- Autism Speaks 8K & 1K Kids Fun Run at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, April 22 – Lace up your running shoes and join Autism Speaks in raising awareness during the 1st Annual Houston 8K and 1K Kids Fun Run at Sugar Land Town Square. You must register for this event. 7am to 10:30am.
- 2017 San Jacinto Day Festival & Battle Reenactment in La Porte | Saturday, April 22 | FREE to Attend – Held by the San Jacinto Museum of History Association, this festival is a full day of entertainment, vendors, food, family activities, cultural exhibits, games, and fun set amidst living history. 10am to 6pm.
- Garbage Island Children’s Theater Sketch Show | Saturday, April 22 – Rec Room Arts presents a new episode of its hit children’s theater show Garbage Island, a live interactive sketch performance for children ages 2 to 6. Tickets are $10 for adults and kids ages 2 and older. Children under 2 are free to sit on their parents’ lap. 10:30am.
- Earth Day: Picnic in the Park at Evelyn’s Park | Saturday, April 22 | FREE to Attend – Bring your family and friends to enjoy kids activities, live music, great food, and more at this Earth Day Picnic at Evelyn’s Park on Bellaire. 11am to 5pm.
- Movie Night Under the Stars at Jordan Ranch presents Sing | Saturday, April 22 | FREE to Attend – Grab your blankets and lawn chairs for a free outdoor moving screening of Dreamworks’ hit Sing on Jordan Ranch’s giant screen. 8pm to 10pm.
- Cigna Sunday Streets in Spring Branch | Sunday, April 23 | FREE to Attend – Bring the family to Cigna Sunday Streets Houston, an event where a stretch of streets normally reserved for cars and other vehicles allow cycling, walking, dancing, socializing, and provides a family-friendly opportunity to be physically active. Noon to 4pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.