Make the most of your week with our top 9 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, April 17 to Sunday, April 23, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in April 2017
Bring your mitt out to a ‘stros game, sample bites from some of the best restaurants in the city, celebrate San Jacinto Day and Earth Day, watch an independent film and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 9 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 17 to Thursday, April 20 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Angels of Anaheim in a four-game series at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Monday to Wednesday 7:10pm; Thursday 1:10pm.
- CultureMap Tastemaker Awards at Asia Society Texas Center | Tuesday, April 18 – CultureMap’s annual culinary award ceremony honors local restaurants and bars with a reception featuring food, drinks, live music and more. $55. 6pm to 9pm.
- NHRA Spring Nationals at Royal Purple Raceway | Friday, April 21 to Sunday, April 23 – Head over to Baytown for a weekend of drag racing as the 5th race in the 2017 Mello Yello series revs up at Royal Purple Raceway. Tickets start at $15, not including ticket fees. Friday noon to 9pm; Saturday 9:30am to 8pm; Sunday 9am to 5pm.
- Worldfest Houston at AMC Studio 30 | Starts Friday, April 21 – Catch one of the many independent films being showcased at the 50th Annual Worldfest Houston. Prices and times vary.
- 2017 San Jacinto Day Festival & Battle Reenactment in La Porte | Saturday, April 22 | FREE – Take a trip into the past as the San Jacinto Museum of History hosts this event with a battlefield reenactment, vendors, food, cultural exhibits and more. 10am to 6pm.
- Picnic in the Park at Evelyn’s Park | Saturday, April 22 | FREE – Pack a picnic (or place an order for one) and sprawl out on the lawn of Evelyn’s Park while enjoying a mini farmers market or family-friendly fitness activities in celebration of Earth Day. 11am to 5pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. San Jose Earthquakes at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, April 22 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play against San Jose in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 3pm.
- Earth Day on the Avenida | Saturday, April 22 | FREE – Celebrate Earth Day by hearing performances from Squonk’s Pneumatica, shopping around the eco-friendly market, taking part in art and science activities and more on the Avenida in Downtown. 5pm to 10pm.
- Creative Minds at Uptown Dance Company | Sunday, April 23 – Uptown Dance Company is celebrating the 45th anniversary of the Japanese city of Chiba and Houston becoming sister cities with this special show featuring music and dance followed by a Q&A with the performers. Tickets start at $15, not including ticket fees. 2pm and 6pm.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.