Find the cant-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, April 19 to Sunday, April 23, 2017.
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself. Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Sours & Saison Style Class with Peter Clifton at Ritual – Learn about the brewery process, flavor profiles in specific styles, how to identify ‘off’ flavors in beer, and enjoy a tasting of various Saison’s & Sour’s with beverage director Peter Clifton at Ritual. Tickets are $20 per person. 5:30pm.
- Millennials After Dark at Henke & Pillot | FREE to Attend – Join Houston Millenials and meet with other young professionals in the greater Houston area at this After Dark networking event. 6pm to 9pm.
- Pier & Beam April Happy Hour at Julep | FREE to Attend – Join Pier & Beam, a group of young preservationists who share a passion for Houston’s architecture, art, history, and culture, for conversation and a happy hour at Julep. 6pm to 9pm.
- Little Outfit in Concert at The Nightingale Room | FREE to Attend – Have a cocktail while listening to the folk sounds of Little Outfit at The Nightingale Room in Downtown. 7pm.
Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Champagne Sip & Shop on 19th Street | FREE to Attend – Plan a night out with the girls for an evening of shopping, mimosas, and pre-Mothers Day celebrating on 19 Street in The Heights. 5pm to 9pm.
- Harris Phest in Concert at 8th Wonder Brewery | FREE to Attend – See Harris Phest with the Phish cover band, A Live One, along with vendors, four stand-up comedians and more at 8th Wonder Brewery. 6pm to 10pm.
- Pianist Adam Tendler in Concert at the Rothko Chapel – Watch pianist Adam Tendler perform works by Nico Muhly, Earle Brown, Marina Poleukhina, Charlie Sdraulig, Morton Feldman, and Philip Glass at the Rothko Chapel. Suggested donation is $10. 7pm.
Friday, April 21, 2017
- Real Ale 21st Anniversary 30 Tap Takeover at Conservatory | FREE to Attend – Celebrate Real Ale’s 21st Anniversary along with Conservatory’s 1st year anniversary with 30 Real Ale taps and a happy hour from 3pm to 7pm. All day.
- Opening Reception: Order from Chaos at Cindy Lisica Gallery | FREE to Attend – See the solo exhibition of Houston-based French painter Emilie Duval at the Cindy Lisica Gallery on Montrose. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- The Zodiac Comedy Show at The Secret Group – Hosted by Rich Williams (The Real), The Zodiac Comedy Show is a stand-up showcase tailored for birthdays that features local and nationally touring comics delivering big laughs. Tickets range from $20 to $40, but you may find limited discounted tickets starting at $10. 8pm.
- Jandek in Concert at Rice University’s Hamman Hall | FREE to Attend – As part of Rice KTRU’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, KTRU presents Jandek, legendary outsider artist and musician, at the University’s Hamman Hall. 8pm.
- DJ Riobamba at Boondocks | FREE to Attend – Dance the night away as Brooklyn-based DJ and producer Riobamba spins tunes from all genres at Boondocks in Montrose. 10pm.
- Real Ale Brewing’s 21st Birthday at Houston Flying Saucer | FREE to Attend – Celebrate Real Ale’s 21st anniversary with 21 different beers including Kraken, Scots Gone Wild, Coffissar and more at Houston Flying Saucer in Downtown. 11pm.
Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Record Store Day at Cactus Music | FREE to Attend – Choose from rare limited edition vinyl records, watch live music by Clap Your Hands And Say Yeah!, meet & greet with local hip-hop hero Bun B, and see a local art exhibition all while sipping on complimentary refreshments from Saint Arnolds. All day.
- EaDo Houston Nerd Cosplay Pub Crawl – Dress up as your favorite TV or movie character for this unique Cosplay Pub Crawl in EaDo. Tickets start at $25. 3pm to 9pm.
- Sleep in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – See the hip hop act, Sleep, when they hit the stage with openers American Sharks at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $25. 8pm.
- The Filthiest Party Alive!: A John Waters Birthday Celebration at Big Star Bar | FREE to Attend – Bring your friends out for a night of debauchery and celebrate the filmmaker John Waters birthday with screenings of his films on the patio, drink specials, and a costume contest at Big Star Bar. 8pm to 11pm.
- Comedian Nate Jackson at Grooves of Houston – Enjoy 75-cent drinks, half-off appetizers, and belly-aching laughter at Grooves of Houston when comedian Nate Jackson takes the stage at Grooves of Houston. Tickets are $30, but you may find limited discounted tickets for $11. 9pm.
- The Fab 5 in Concert at The Pub Galleria | FREE to Attend – Go back in time and hear your favorite Beatles and ’60s hits with the local cover band, The Fab 5, at The Pub Galleria. 9pm.
- Dial Up: ’90s Dance Party at The Secret Group | FREE to Attend – Hear all of your favorite hits from the ’90s at this Dance Party at The Secret Group. 10pm.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
- It Came From The Bayou Printmakers Showcase at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | FREE to Attend – Printmakers from all over will be showcasing and selling their artwork at the 6th annual It Came From The Bayou event along with food, vendors, DJ’s and more at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. 11am to 4pm.
- All-Vinyl Happy Hour at Little Dipper Bar | FREE to Attend – Enjoy happy hour specials while listening to an ’80s playlist from DJ Abrahán and DJ SkoolHausRock at Little Dipper Bar. 4pm to 7pm.
- Fried Chicken Sundays at Bosta Kitchen – Have a glass of wine while eating from a special fried chicken menu for Sundays at Bosta Kitchen filled with sides like brussel sprouts, mac n cheese and more. 5pm.
- Frenemies: A Weekly Improv Jam at The Secret Group | FREE to Attend – Laugh it up at this Friends-themed improv comedy show hosted by Katie McGee at The Secret Group. 9pm.