Live it up at La Porte’s 125th anniversary celebrations with a weekend filled with concerts, live music, family fun, outdoor activities, fireworks, and more from Friday, May 12 through Sunday, May 14, 2017.
The City of La Porte is pulling out all the stops this Spring with a four-day party, celebrating its founding in 1892.
It will be a weekend will be packed with free and affordable celebrations, for families and big kids alike, including the big Saturday night event featuring live music from Clay Walker and a fireworks show.
Friday, May 12, 2017
- 125 Dinner Gala Featuring the Mambo Jazz Kings at Sylvan Beach Pavilion – Partake in cocktails at a cash bar, followed by dinner and dancing to the live tunes of the Mambo Jazz Kings next to the Bay. $25 per person includes dinner and entertainment. 6pm to 11pm.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
- 125 5K Family Fun Run at Five Points Plaza – Join in a chipped run, with prizes for top finishers in the men’s, women’s, and kids’ categories. Registration is $25; $30 the day of the event; $55 in advance for a family of four. 8:30am.
- 125 Parade in Downtown La Porte | FREE – Take in a festive parade celebrating La Porte’s history, talent, businesses, and schools as the celebration travels down Broadway. 10am.
- 125 Antique Airplane & Car Show Featuring The Battle of the Bands at La Porte Municipal Airport | FREE – Check out vintage planes, trucks, and automobiles while local bands face off in a battle of the band. 11am to 4pm.
- 125 Concert Series Featuring Clay Walker at Sylvan Beach – Country star and Texas native, Clay Walker headlines the main event. The outdoor celebration and concert comes complete with food trucks, drinks, fireworks, and get-in-the-mood-for-summertime fun. $20. 6pm to 11pm.
Sunday, May 14, 2017
- 125 Mother’s Day Gospel Brunch at Sylvan Beach Pavilion – Treat mom while you wrap up a weekend of anniversary celebrations. Expect a special gift for moms, photo booth opportunities, an upscale menu, and live musical entertainment. $30; $15 for ages 3 to 11; free for ages 2 and under. 11am to 3pm.
Note that two other La Porte 125 events – a kids’ rodeo and a free Cody Jackson concert – are also happening on on Thursday, May 11, 2017, but have already sold out or reached maximum capacity. If you already have tickets or are registered for either of those events, you’re still good to go.
La Porte 125
- Dates: Thursday, May 11 through Sunday, May 14, 2017
- Times: Vary by event
- Locations: Vary by event
- Admission: Varies by event, ranging from free to $30. Click here for full event information and details about La Porte’s 125 year history.
This post was sponsored by the City of La Porte, Texas. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.