Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, March 20 to Sunday, March 26, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Tyke Hikes at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Monday, March 20 – Children 18 months to 3 years, with their adult companions, can join a naturalist for a story reading, a simple nature activity or craft, and a stroller-friendly hike on the Arboretum trails. Tickets are $7 for nonmembers and free for members. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Kidtastic on The Square at Memorial City | Wednesday, March 22 | FREE to Attend – Join Gymboree Play & Music for a morning of fun on The Square at Memorial City Mall. This event is for kids ages one to four. 10am to 11:30am.
- Frontier Fiesta at The University of Houston | Thursday, March 22 to Saturday, March 25 | FREE to Attend – The students at The University of Houston host the Frontier Fiesta, a 3-day family-friendly festival. Enjoy Broadway-styled variety shows, student-run carnival booths, amusement park rides, a cook-off, and a family fun day on Saturday. Thursday and Friday 5pm; Saturday noon.
- Storybook Theatre at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, March 24 – Introduce your child to the wonder of reading and instill a love of books at an early age with a new book every week at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- Houston Palestinian Festival at Jones Plaza | Saturday, March 25 and Sunday, March 26 – Head to this 2-day family-friendly festival where you can enjoy Palestinian cuisine, folkloric music and art, fashion and more at Jones Plaza. Tickets are $10 for adults and free for children 12 & under. 1pm both days.
- Saturday Morning Cartoons at Memorial City | Saturday, March 25 | FREE to Attend – Bring a blanket, pillows, and the kiddos for Saturday Morning Cartoons on The Square at Memorial City Mall. 9am to 11am.
- Heights Kids’ Day of Music at Love Park | Saturday, March 25 | FREE to Attend – Enjoy a day of local live music at this family-friendly festival in at Love Park in the Heights. 10am to 2pm.
- STEM Saturdays at Discovery Green | Saturday, March 25 | FREE to Attend – Girlstart leads a fun, hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education program for kids. 12:30pm.
- Houston Art Car Preview Celebration at Historic Market Square | Saturday, March 25 | FREE to Attend – Bring the family out for art cars, music, games, a Q&A panel with some of the movers and shakers involved with the Orange Show, and a movie screening about the Art Car event. 5pm to 10pm.
- Hermann Park Kite Festival | Sunday, March 26 | FREE to Attend – Bring the whole family out to Hermann Park to fly kites and enjoy performances and entertainment at the 4th annual Kite Festival. 10am to 5pm.
- Families on the Green at Discovery Green | Sunday, March 26 – Celebrate the biennial Families on the Green, benefiting Discovery Green, with a fun afternoon for the entire family, including, a Roller Skating Rink right inside the park. Tickets start at $75 and include all activities in the park as well as complimentary food and beverages. 2pm to 5pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.