Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 20 to Sunday, March 26, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Also in March 2017
Close out the final days of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo with fried food, carnival rides and concerts, enjoy one of the many culinary experiences from Houston chefs, stroll through Memorial Park looking at art, fly your kite through Hermann Park, soak up the flavors and sounds of India at Houston Holi Festival and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG | Daily – Grab your cowboy boots and head to NRG for concerts from artists like Florida Georgia Line, ZZ Top and Chris Young all week long. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Monday, March 20 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Nuggets at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- Dinner with My Friends at Fluff Bake Bar | Monday, March 20 – Chef Rebecca Masson will host Dallas chef David Uygur of Lucia for a special six-course dinner with optional drink pairings at Fluff Bake Bar. Seats are limited. Tickets are TBA. 6:30pm.
- Persian New Year Dinner at Roost | Monday, March 20 – Celebrate Nowruz with chef Kevin Naderi at this family style dinner featuring traditional fare at Roost. Seats are limited. $80. 7:30pm.
- Keels & Wheels Uncorked at Mercedes-Benz of Houston Greenway | Thursday, March 23 – Honor news anchor Dave Ward while enjoying fine wine and food from some of the best restaurants in Houston, bidding on items at the live and silent auction, checking out classic cars and more. Tickets start at $75, not including ticket fees. 7pm.
- Bayou City Art Festival at Memorial Park | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 – Spend the weekend at Memorial Park observing fine art from more than 300 artists, including works from featured artist Amanda Bennett, and enjoying the outdoors at the Bayou City Art Festival. Tickets start at $5. 10am to 6pm daily.
- 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic Events Around Houston | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 | FREE to Attend – This bass fishing tournament will be hosted in Houston for the first time this year. Watch 52 bass anglers compete on Lake Conroe each morning and then weigh-in their catches at Minute Maid Park each afternoon. Check out gear from vendors, enter to win prizes and see pros like Rick Clunn and Roland Martin at the Expo at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Times vary daily.
- Houston Holi Festival at Houston Farm & Ranch | Saturday, March 25 – Soak up the flavors, sounds, and colors of India with DJs, Bollywood dancing, herbal color powder explosions, henna, Indian street food and more at the Houston Holi Festival. Tickets start at $10. Noon to 5pm.
- Made in Louisiana Festival at Constellation Field | Saturday, March 25 – Experience the flavor and culture of Louisiana at this annual festival in Sugar Land. Guests will enjoy live music, cultural performances, Cajun food and more. Tickets start at $5. 1pm to 9pm.
- Hermann Park Kite Festival | Sunday, March 26 | FREE – Bring the whole family out to Hermann Park to fly kites and enjoy performances and entertainment at the 4th annual Kite Festival. 10am to 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Sunday, March 26 – Scream for the Rockets as they look to add another win to their record in this game against OKC. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 2:30pm.
- El Salvador vs. CD Olimpia at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, March 26 – This afternoon match will feature Salvador’s national soccer team and Honduras’ domestic league squad, CD Olimpia. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 4pm.
Find more great stuff to do this week with our top things to do with kids this week, Weekend Guide for March 23 to 26, 2017 and top things to do in Houston in March 2017.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.