Make the most of the week of Saint Patrick’s Day with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 13 to Sunday, March 19, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things This Week
Also in March 2017
Watch Mayor Turner’s pick for the Movies Houstonians Love Series, celebrate the birthday of a Houston brewery, cheer the Rockets to a victory against the Lakers, see a music legend perform live, party all day and night at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day and more happening this week in Houston.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- A Raisin in the Sun Screening at MFAH | Monday, March 13 – Mayor Sylvester Turner will present his selection for the Movies Houstonians Love Series A Raisin in the Sun at this screening at the Museum of Fine Arts. Tickets start at $7. 7pm.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG | Monday, March 13 to Sunday, March 19 – Grab your cowboy boots and head to NRG for concerts from artists like Sam Hunt, Demi Lovato, and Thomas Rhett all week long. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- Butchery Demo at Revival Market | Tuesday, March 14 – Learn how to butcher a whole hog while you enjoy charcuterie and a family-style dinner. Guests will go home with salumi and are encouraged to BYOB. Tickets are $125. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Tony Bennett in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Tuesday, March 14 – The legendary Tony Bennett will grace the stage of Sugar Land’s Smart Financial Centre at the age of 90 for an unforgettable performance. Tickets start at $79, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Lakers at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 15 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Lakers at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- Rainbow and Roll at Discovery Green | Friday, March 17 | FREE to Attend – Rainbow on Ice, which was originally scheduled for January, is now Rainbow and Roll on Discovery Green’s new roller rink. Skating fees apply. 7pm to 10pm.
- Season Opener Celtic Fire at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, March 17 | FREE – The Miller Outdoor Theatre season opens with an evening of Irish song and dance in this program titled Celtic Fire. 8pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations Around Houston | Friday, March 17 to Sunday, March 19 – Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day at pub crawls, parades, festivals and more all weekend long. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- 2017 Houston Zydeco Fest at Jones Plaza | Saturday, March 18 – Spice up your Saturday with food, music and more at the Houston Zydeco Fest in Downtown. Tickets start at $5. 1pm to 10pm.
- Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder | Saturday, March 18 – Celebrate the 4th anniversary of 8th Wonder Brewery during this bash with live music from acts like Muddy Belle, White Denim and Vinyl Ranch, food trucks, a commemorative pint glass, and lots of craft beer. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees. 2pm to 10pm.
Find more great stuff to do this week with our top things to do with kids this week, Saint Patrick’s Day Weekend Guide for March 16 to 19, 2017 and top things to do in Houston in March 2017.
You can also search our interactive event calendar by date, location, and category.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily email and weekend planner emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.