Browse works from artists across the country and enjoy bites, drinks and live music at the 46th Bayou City Art Festival in Memorial Park from Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26, 2017.
Celebrating its 46th year, the Bayou City Art Festival brings fine art from around the country for a family-friendly, three-day outdoor spring festival at Memorial Park.
Organized by the good folks at Art Colony Association, the outdoor festival will feature works from more than 300 artists on display and for sale under the Memorial Park trees.
The artwork spans 19 different mediums and disciplines, including clay, glass, metal, leather, wood, mixed media, and photography.
This year’s event is showcasing Amanda Bennett, a mixed media artist that transforms mid-century advertising, acrylic mediums, and photography into a mash up on plywood, inspired by pop art and funk style.
As a child, she use to paint with her grandmother and used a spatula as her primary tool. Bennett currently resides in New Orleans where the city’s rhythm, color palette, and energy stirs and ignites her creative process
Entertainment for All Ages
In addition to the diverse artwork on display, attendees will enjoy live music, kids activities in the Creative Zone, tasty bites from popular Houston food trucks and vendors, and beer and wine at the festival bar.
A portion of the festival’s proceeds will go to support the work of six Houston area nonprofit partners, who will also have representatives on site at the event.
- A Cause to Give us Paws
- Escape Family Resource Center
- Fresh Arts
- Lawndale Art Center
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- The Arc of Greater Houston
About Bayou City Art Festival & Art Colony Association
Now in its 46th year, the Art Colony Association has raised more than $3.5 million for local nonprofit programs through its Fall festivals in Downtown and Spring festivals in Memorial Park. Proceeds from the festival support the community through Bayou City Art Festival’s nonprofit partners.
The festivals are funded in part by grants from the City of Houston through the Houston Arts Alliance, corporate sponsorships, private contributions, in-kind support, and volunteer assistance. Click here fore more information.
46th Annual Bayou City Art Festival at Memorial Park
- Dates: Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Times: 10am to 6pm each day
- Location: Memorial Park, 6501 Memorial Drive, Houston, TX 77007
- Parking: Onsite parking is not available at the festival, but shuttles will be running from Northwest Mall. Shuttles passes are $3 and can be purchased with online tickets.
- Admission: $12 in advance for ages 13 and older for one day ($15 at the gate); $20 for a two-day pass for ages 13 and up; $5 for ages 3 to 12; free for children under 3; $30 family passes are good for two adults and two children; Click here to purchase tickets online.
This post was sponsored by Art Colony Association. Per our advertising policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for Houstonians and Houston visitors. Click here to learn about promoting your event, product or business.