Be front and center for some of the most important games and sports events in Houston during March 2017, headlined by the return of soccer season and the Rockets’ NBA season heating up.
Also in March 2017
While both provide plenty of exciting action around town on their own, Houston also finds itself playing host to college baseball and basketball tournaments as well as the city’s first ever Bassmaster Classic.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events this Month: March 2017
- Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic at Minute Maid Park | Friday, March 3 through Sunday, March 5 – The 17th annual college baseball tournament begins with net proceeds from the event fully benefiting the Shriners Hospitals for Children. Six colleges from the region will be participating; Baylor, Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, LSU, and TCU. Tickets start at $19 per day for general admission and grants access to a tripleheader of that day’s games; you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. Games begin Friday and Saturday at noon; Sunday at 10am.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Seattle Sounders at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 4 – The Dynamo kick off the 2017 MLS season against the reigning champs from the Northwest. The new season brings a new-look Dynamo who have overhauled coaches, players, and are sporting a new jersey. Also making an appearance for Seattle will be one of the best to don the red, white, and blue for the USA, Clint Dempsey. Tickets in the upper and lower bowl start at $25, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Memphis Grizzlies at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 4 – The Rockets aim for strong home-court defense against the top of the Western conference during the month of March. The Grizzlies, who’ve beat the Rockets two out of three this season, come to town for one last matchup as teams begin the home stretch for the playoffs. Tickets start at $29, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 8 – Amid a tough week of games, the Rockets will host one of their staunchest old-time rivals, the emerging Jazz who continue to climb conference standings. Meanwhile, a victory for the Rockets edges them that much closer to top seed in the West. Tickets start at $20, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- SWAC Basketball Tournament at Blodgett Urban Gardens | Friday, March 10 and Saturday, March 11 – Houston plays host to the final two rounds of play in the Southwestern Athletic Conference’s annual tournament. Among the ten teams that will be whittled down to one, Houston’s Texas Southern University, Prairie View A&M, and Alcorn State will vie to be the last team standing. Ticket prices start at $20 for the Friday Semifinals; $25 for Saturday’s Final. Friday noon; Saturday 2pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Columbus Crew at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 11 – With the first week in the books, the Dynamo continue their new season facing off against the Crew from Columbus. Houston’s Erick “Cubo” Torres and Mauro Manotas look to deliver the firepower in front of a hometown crowd. Tickets start at $25, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center | Sunday, March 12 – King James comes to Houston as the defending champions (sans an injured Kevin Love) get to it in a cross-conference matchup of two of the best teams in the league. Tickets are in demand for this match but remaining seats can be found starting at $79, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic and Expo at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, March 24 through Sunday, March 26 – The “Super Bowl” of bass fishing makes its way to the biggest city in Texas for the first time in its 47 year history. Throughout the week, 52 of the best bass anglers take their talents to Lake Conroe, with their weigh-ins taking place at Minute Maid Park over the weekend. Just a few blocks away, the Bassmaster Classic Outdoor Expo opens at the George R. Brown for fans of the sport to take in the newest products and keep up with the action on the lake. Admission to both venues for the weigh-in and expo are free to the public. Times vary daily.
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Sunday, March 26 – The last time James Harden and Russell Westbrook met earlier this season, the two former teammates produced eye-popping stats in front of an enthralled Houston crowd. With the MVP race tightening up, both are set to put on another show. Tickets start at $29, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 2:30pm.
- El Salvador vs. CD Olimpia at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, March 26 – The national soccer team of El Salvador arrives for a late-afternoon kickoff against Honduras’ domestic league squad, CD Olimpia in a friendly match. Tickets start at $35, not including ticket fees, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 4pm.