Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during March 2017.
Also in March 2017
Rodeo season has arrived in Houston and your calendar is about to fill up. Between the BBQ Cook-Off, concerts, culinary competitions and more, we’re here to help with our favorite events (rodeo and not) happening all month long.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of March.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston: March 2017
- World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, March 2 to Saturday, March 4 – The Houston Rodeo is back and it will kick off with a three-day BBQ contest with live music and carnival rides.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG | Tuesday, March 7 to Sunday, March 26 – Fill your days with carnival rides, fried food, livestock shows and shopping, and your nights with rodeo competition and concerts from Chris Stapleton, Alicia Keys, Florida Georgia Line and more.
- Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 10 to Sunday, March 12 – Stop and smell Houston’s beautiful azaleas during this annual event put on by the River Oaks Garden Club.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations Around Houston | Saturday, March 11 to Sunday, March 19 – Celebrate St. Paddy’s Day at the annual Parade in Downtown, by bar hopping during the Midtown Pub Crawl, partying at the Festival at Lucky’s Pub or running in the Half Marathon in Sugar Land.
- Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta | Saturday, March 11 – Paddle down a 15-mile stretch of Buffalo Bayou, or sit along the banks and watch, as the 44th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta races through Houston.
- The Woodlands Margarita Festival at Town Green Park | Saturday, March 11 – Get tipsy at this Margarita Festival in The Woodlands where you’ll sample margarita flavors like pumpkin spice, mango, jalapeno, and strawberry, enjoy live music, vote for your favorite marg, and taste a variety of tequilas. Remember to get a safe ride home. Limited discounted $20 tickets are available.
- Houston Rockets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center | Sunday, March 12 – LeBron James and the defending NBA Champs come to Houston for a game against the Rockets at Toyota Center.
- Season Opener at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, March 17 | FREE – The Miller Outdoor Theatre season opens with an evening of Irish song and dance in this program titled Celtic Fire.
- Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder | Saturday, March 18 – Celebrate the 4th anniversary of 8th Wonder Brewery during this bash with live music from acts like Muddy Belle, White Denim and Vinyl Ranch, food trucks, a commemorative pint glass, and lots of craft beer.
- Bayou City Art Festival at Memorial Park | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 – Spend the weekend at Memorial Park observing fine art from more than 300 artists, including works from featured artist Amanda Bennett, and enjoying the outdoors at the Bayou City Art Festival.
- 2017 GEICO Bassmaster Classic Events Around Houston | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 | FREE to Attend – This bass fishing tournament will be hosted in Houston for the first time this year. Watch 52 bass anglers compete on Lake Conroe each morning and then weigh-in their catches at Minute Maid Park each afternoon. Check out gear from vendors, enter to win prizes, and see pros like Rick Clunn and Roland Martin at the Expo at the George R. Brown Convention Center.
- Houston Holi Festival at Houston Farm & Ranch | Saturday, March 25 – Soak up the flavors, sounds, and colors of India with DJs, Bollywood dancing, herbal color powder explosions, henna, Indian street food and more at the Houston Holi Festival.
- Hermann Park Kite Festival | Sunday, March 26 | FREE – Bring the whole family out to Hermann Park to fly kites and enjoy performances and entertainment at the 4th annual Kite Festival.
- El Salvador vs. CD Olimpia at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, March 26 – This afternoon friendly will feature El Salvador’s national soccer team and Honduras’ domestic league squad, CD Olimpia.
- Tomball German Heritage Festival | Starts Friday, March 31 | FREE to Attend – Get a taste of Oktoberfest in March when the city of Tomball hosts this annual festival with four stages, German food, beer, street performers, vendors and more.
Be sure to subscribe to our free daily updates and weekend guide emails and receive our picks for great things to do in Houston in your inbox daily or once a week.
Click here to sign up.