Make the most of your week with our top 8 things to do with kids in Houston, from Monday, February 20 to Sunday, February 26, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 12 Things This Week
365 Weekend Guide
Top 8 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Tyke Hikes at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Monday, February 20 – Children 18 months to 3 years, with their adult companions, can join a naturalist for a story reading, a simple nature activity or craft, and a stroller-friendly hike on the Arboretum trails. Tickets are $7 for nonmembers and free for members. 9:30am to 10:30am.
- Sensory Friendly Day at The Children’s Museum | Monday, February 20 – Sensory Friendly Day is an opportunity for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences to explore the Museum. Tickets are $5. 10am to 3pm.
- Get Fit February Week at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Monday, February 20 to Saturday, February 25 – In conjunction withThe Let’s Move initiative, they will celebrate with a week of different activities that support a fit and healthy lifestyle. Demonstrations like karate, yoga and more will be held daily during the week. Tickets are $6. 10am to 5pm each day.
- Vivaldi Music Academy at The Children’s Museum | Thursday, February 23 – Let the Vivaldi Music Academy children’s choir and group strings delight you with a joyful performance that will light up the stage for all ages. Tickets are $12. 6:30pm.
- Houston Creole Heritage Festival & Mardi Gras Parade 2017 at Discovery Green | Saturday, February 25 – Celebrate Houston’s diverse community and preserving the heritage of the Creole and Cajun culture at this Mardi Gras Festival and Parade featuring live music, food, dancing and more. Tickets are $10 and kids under age 11 get in free. 9am to 9pm.
- Levy Park Grand Opening Event | Saturday, February 25 | FREE to Attend – Join Levy Park, a premium public green space in the heart of inner-city Houston, for a grand opening event that includes a performance pavilion, an activity lawn, a dog park, a playground, a community garden and more. 10am to 6pm.
- A Butterfly Flutter at the Houston Museum of Natural Science | Saturday, February 25 – Bring the family for a day of arts and crafts, face painting, creative cookie decorating, a bug-centric treasure hunt and more. Tickets are $50. 10am to noon.
- Garbage Island at the Rec Room | Saturday, February 25 – Designed for kids ages 2 to 6, this family-friendly live sketch show takes place in a set designed to be a literal garbage dump. Expect it to be silly and improvisational with a little audience participation mixed in. Tickets are $10. 10:30am.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.