Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, January 9 to Sunday, January 15, 2017.
Happening in Houston This Week
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids this Week in Houston
- Cheap Skate Night at The Ice at Discovery Green | Monday, January 9 – Enjoy a Monday night skate for just $8, instead of the usual $14, on the Ice at Discovery Green. 4pm to 10pm.
- Boogie Bash at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, January 10 – Boogie Bash provides children with a preliminary introduction to the space around them, encourages cooperation, promotes social interaction, develops a sense of rhythm, strengthens listening skills and enhances language development. Tickets are $6. 11am.
- The Breakfast Club at Discovery Green | Thursday, January 12 | FREE to Attend – Watch the John Hughes 1985 classic The Breakfast Club at under the stars at Discovery Green in Downtown. 7pm to 10pm.
- Super Bowl Touchdown Tour at Alief Community Park | Saturday, January 14 | FREE to Attend – Gear up for the big game with a wide variety of games, exhibits, appearances, food and fun for people of all ages. 10am to 2pm.
- Meet Pikachu at Tilt Studio Katy Mills | Saturday, January 14 | FREE to Attend – Snap a pic with everyone’s favorite Pokemon, Pikachu, when he makes 3 hour-long appearances at the Tilt Studio at Katy Mills Mall. 11am to 6pm.
- MLK Youth Parade in Midtown Houston | Saturday, January 14 | FREE to Attend – Head over to Midtown for the 11th Annual Martin Luther King Youth Parade. Noon to 1:30pm.
- Skate with the Storybook Stars at the ICE at Discovery Green | Saturday, January 14 – Bring your camera as the man in the jolly red suit is on hand to skate with the kids at The ICE in Discovery Green Park. Tickets are $14. 5pm to 6pm.
- Painting Class at Southern Star Brewing | Sunday, January 15 – Sign your kids up for a 1pm painting party or sign yourself up for the 4:30pm class while you enjoy craft brew. Classes start at $20, not including ticket fees. 1pm.
- Family Fun Day at The MATCH | Sunday, January 15 | FREE to Attend – Bring the whole family to enjoy live music, face painters, an indoor bounce house, a magician and more at The MATCH. 1pm to 4pm.
- Peter and The Wolf Concert at the Houston Zoo | Sunday, January 15 – In an effort to promote wolf conservation, the Houston Zoo is teaming up with ROCO for a performance of Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf. Entrance is included with Zoo admission. There will be a performance at 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm.
Be sure to subscribe to 365 Things to Do in Houston’s free daily emails and Weekend Guide emails and get a round-up of great things to do in Houston in your in-box every week.