Get your hair cut, styled, or colored, no matter your age, at the brand new Birds Barbershop in the Heights and take advantage of these five things that make it unique.
Never heard of Birds Barbershop? The Texas-based company – voted “Best Barbershop” by the Austin Chronicle for the past 11 years and named one of the top 100 salons by ELLE magazine (check out their Buzz page for even more adoration) – has picked Houston as its first city to set up shop outside of Austin.
Now that they’ve landed in the Houston Heights (at 420 East 20th Street, Houston, TX, 77008, to be exact), here are the top five things you need to know before you go.
5 Things to Know Before You Go to Birds Barbershop
- Everyone’s invited – Birds believes getting a haircut shouldn’t be a chore and it’s more fun when everyone is invited to the party. While “barbershop” is on their door, Birds is a place for everyone – men, women, and kids – to get a high-quality haircut or color service. Even Macklemore gets his trademark ‘do trimmed at Birds when he’s in ATX.
- It’s a good deal – Prices are $25 for a Shortcut, $45 for a Ladybird and $20 for a Kidcut (full price list here). Plus, they have a standing offer of a free hairwash for anyone who bikes to Birds, and students can get $2 off with their college ID. Even better, 365 Things to Do in Houston readers can take save $5 off any haircut by using the coupon on shown here.
- Walk in or call ahead – Clients can walk in during regular business hours or call ahead (713-999-0800) to be placed on the “day of” wait list. Calling ahead is a good way to get faster service or get on the list for a specific stylist.
- Good times and good beer – Everyone 21+ gets a cold Shiner beer, on the house, to enjoy during the cut. Plus, Birds’ has free wi-fi, vintage arcade games, and a curated music soundtrack to pass the time.
- Open every day – Birds wants to make getting a haircut not only fun, but convenient. They are open Monday through Friday from 9am to 8pm, on Saturdays from 9am to 7pm, and on Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
Fairdale Daybird Bike Giveaway
Not to mention that Birds is giving away a free Fairdale Daybird bike.
Simply stop by and drop your name and email into the fishbowl between now and January 2, 2017 for a chance to win. For every entry they receive, Birds will donate $1 to the Houston nonprofit BikeHouston.
Be sure to stop by and check ‘em out.
Birds Barbershop in The Heights
- Address: 420 East 20th Street, Houston, TX, 77008
- Phone: 713-999-0800
- Hours: Mondays through Fridays 9am to 8pm; Saturdays 9am to 7pm; Sundays 10am to 6pm.
- Special offer for 365 Houston readers: Click here for a $5 off coupon; one per customer, expires on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
This content was sponsored by Birds Barbershop. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.